1. The brick buildings. They look so striking against a blue sky.
2. Dr. Delasanta, Dr. Lynch, Dr. Barbour - three of the best English professors in the world. They are unpretentious, incredibly smart, and conservative.
3. Where else would you hear a professor lambaste postmodernism? ("It takes a little fuzziness and makes universal fuzziness.")
4. The students at PC will hold the door open for you even if you're several steps away from the door. If you do the same for them they will always say thank you.
5. Harkins Hall - it looks like it came straight from England.
6. The trees on the way from the library to Alburtus Magnus - they look like they came straight out of Tolkien.
7. One can unexpectedly get incredible spiritual good from a lecture or an assigned reading.
8. I now know how to spell Renaissance. (After spelling it numerous ways in my notes, I finally looked it up.)
9. The grounds keepers plant impatiens everywhere every fall, and it is exceptionally beautiful.
10. The College Republicans are the largest club on campus.
11. Among the throngs of typical college kids you can find some very real, unique, interesting, and kindred-spirit-ish people.
12. And the grand finale... Our sports teams are called The Friars!
2 comments:
What!? No comments on this one!? It's my favorite entry so far! Allow me to be the first. I agree about the trees: I know exactly what you mean. And about holding doors open, and about the wonderful profs, and the blessings of the spirit found so unexpectedly, and the kindred spirits. But I had not idea about the power of the College Republicans! New hope for the world!
Argh! Type-o! I meant I had NO idea... Did you guess who I am yet?
Post a Comment