I was sitting here reading an Agatha Christie story when Melissa decided to check for a new Strongbad e-mail. Suddenly a man's voice broke the silence of the room, and my mystery-filled brain leapt about forty feet into the air from sheer terror. The only outward manifestations of this were the fact that my foot twitched, and I'm pretty sure my pupils dilated. I'm not positive of this, of course, but something weird happened in my eye, and that was how I described it to Melissa.
This reminded me of the fact that it was only a couple of months ago that I found out dilate means to get bigger. I always thought dilated pupils got smaller. As I remarked at the time, it's a good thing I'm not a police man. "Oh boy, you sure aren't on drugs... Your pupils are huge!"
The other reason I'm glad I'm not a police man is that it would mean always getting stuck behind wicked slow people who would go under the speed limit in front me in an attempt to prove that they are law abiding. I think policemen must get so frustrated with that.
So the list of possible careers grows slightly smaller.
2 comments:
You are SO CUTE!!
I think I remember Dan Chaffin complaining about that very phenomenon (the annoyance of cars always slowing down in front of him on the highway when in his patrol car).
Post a Comment