Well, folks, today I turned in the last paper of my college experience. No more analyzing texts looking for answers. No more finding hidden meanings and following them to their conclusions. No more thrilling moments of realizing a great idea. No more careful structuring. No more double spacing and 12 font. No more thinking, "wow, this is a good paper. Maybe the professor will suggest I publish it." No more walking out of class with the exhilaration of having just turned in the piece I've been working on for days. Sigh. I loved paper writing. And yet, somehow I don't think I'm going to lose sleep in my despair at having to stop writing them. As much fun as they could be, they were hard work, and pressure, and deadlines. And any diminishing of those things is good.
I wish I could do a quick tally of all the papers I've written in the past four years. But that would mean a lot of digging under my bed. But according to a very rough estimate from the couch, I have easily done over 50. Wow. That is a lot of writing. So I guess I won't complain about having to take a break for awhile. But forgive me if my blog postings start getting longer and longer, and develop thesis statements. I might be going through withdrawal.
10 comments:
Woohoo! No more papers! (Can you hear me yelling for joy below you?)
Good Job Andrea
Congrats...
YAYYYYY!!!!!! Good Job Andrea!
Are all 50 under your bed? :-)
I remember when I finished law school, I actually kept studying for several weeks, just because I couldn't get out of the habit.
Congrats on finishing!
--DJ
I think finishing college is sort of like being born. You have been closely confined with structure for a long time and then suddenly you emerge into ...spaaaaace. AAAAAA!!! Happy adjusting! I rejoice with you!
Love, me
yeay, Andrea! what a relief.
Hurray - Hurray - Hurray!! So happy for you, my friend! :)
i'm sure that i'd manage quite well to break a habit of paper writing!
Way to go, Andrea! I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment