I am in the midst of applying to teach at in Middletown, RI, so I thought I'd post a blog about the application process. But then I was thinking about that word "process" and how it means a long, arduous, grueling length of time. So I wishfully titled the post to reflect the way I think the application business should occur.
But in reality it has been a process. This is an intense application, boy oh boy. It includes SEVEN short essays, with such questions as "What is your philosophy of discipline?" and "Why do you wish to teach in a Christian school?"
It would have been so much fun to answer them flippantly. My philosophy of discipline? Ha! I barely know how to say no to anyone! But other than that, I'd say when a kid does something bad you whack 'em! And I wish to teach in a Christian school because that's the only kind that will take someone without teacher's certification. Oh ya, and also I'm hoping kids at a Christian school won't be as scary as kids at a public school.
Hmm. Somehow I didn't think that would go over so well. So instead I answered very profoundly and eloquently about forming young minds and helping them to make good choices...
Anyway, I took my prospective short answers over to Danny's last night, and he helped me improve them, and come up with something to say about my "personal Christian philosophy of Education." Hurrah for smart brothers! (Right, Linds?)
So today I thought I could finish that up, fill in all the annoying little things, and have it off in the evening mail.
Five hours later I have not even finished the annoying little things, let alone finishing up the short answers. Sigh. But it's in good shape, and I should be able to get it out in tomorrow's mail for sure!
4 comments:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. [brainfreeze]. I can't think of that word, oh wait-procrastinate. Procrastination is EVIL!! Repent!!!!!!!!
:)
pssst... Andrea! Remind me never to invite Derrick here except on those days when we're super efficient and productive. Oh, wait.... rats. Guess we might see him around Fairwood or something...
We have explored depths of procrastination that the average person can only dream about.
Congratulations on an atypical day! There's hope for us!!!
ARRGH! Obviously YOU know, but that comment was mine. Sorry to waste a whole comment on clarification, but I feared Derrick's anonymity wrath.
Mel, that was CLOSE! I was just about to write a HUGE WRATHFILLED comment. hehehehehee.
See, my blogging experience has changed the world! I feel vindicated...
:)
Post a Comment