Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Big Time Productivity

I'll have you all know that I have written SIXTEEN e-mails today! I feel like Sid, the "Conquering Hero" (to be read with the snobby kind of English accent). Of course, some of those were about three sentences long, asking about Family Convention stuff. But some were real! Oh I do love e-mail.

One of the first criticisms I heard of blogging was that people would cease their personal contacts. I beg to differ. I still e-mail people (16 in fact! Oh wait, several of those were Craig, poor soul), and because of blogging am able to keep in touch with more people than I ever would have by e-mail. However, I admit I didn't send out tons of e-mails about my interview yesterday because I knew most people would read about it on my blog. But it probably would have been a group e-mail anyway, so it's okay!

Justify, justify, justify, to rephrase a Thoreauian phrase...

4 comments:

Booker said...

Actually, for me, my emailing has dropped dramatically. I suspect many of my victims are glad :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Derrick! Blogging kills e-mails! (Your two to me in the last two days could hardly be called "personal contact") Kayla often sadly tells us that she never gets e-mails from any of her friends anymore, because they all have blogs, which stinks for her because she can't read them because we can't read blogs on our home computer (except from now on since Dad finally changed our settings to allow them, which is why yesterday I read blogs for the first time since I got out of school five weeks ago). So consider yourself entirely contradicted! :-)

drewey fern said...

Seeds of doubt have been planted. It is true that I haven't e-mailed you in awhile, Craig - with a real e-mail that is. So my contacts with non-bloggers seem to be struggling. But on the other hand, I counted my sent e-mails for the month of Feb (pre-blog) and found I'd sent something like 65. But in March (blog beginnings) I sent a few more than that! So I'm not sure who I'm writing, but they are definitely getting written. Weird. But I do see the danger. I shall try not to lose too many friends. But c'mon Craig, the CD story didn't count as a personal contact?!

TripleNine said...

To add to the pile of doubt, I rarely wrote before blogging and now I never do, unless I get something I have to respond to. And that never happens because I never write. What a vicious, vicious circle.