I've notice several people writing about blogblock (as Lisa so aptly termed it), and I was recently suffering from that malady myself. I'm happy to report, however, that my blogblock has passed, and I am just overflowing with earth shaking ideas.
I could write, for instance, about how I just FINISHED reading The Odyssey this evening! Woo hoo!
Or I could write about how all of a sudden I couldn't remember whether the thought I'd just been thinking was about The Lord of the Rings or President Bush. That was one of my stranger moments, but sadly not nearly the strangest...
And there are lots of other things, too, but those are all safely stashed away as drafts for days when I'm not so full of ideas (good idea, Craig!).
But what I want to write about this evening is the amazing drama that has entered my life now that I have become a blogger. This afternoon, while taking a break from (only slightly) more pressing duties, I decided to enter the realm of blogs (from now on I will term it r.o.b.). I sallied forth to the ever-helpful court of Sir Elfenknight2.blogspot.com to begin my quest.
Once there, my duties were clear. I must progress down the list from RyuSoma to those that linger even beyond the bottom of the list. As I passed the invigorating household of Pass, I noticed that someone of a sort of Japanese bent had been there before me. Thanks to my excellent tracking skills I determined that he had left only moments before. I did not pause long to consider this strange happenstance, but instead doggedly pursued the adventure I'd been given. My next stop was at the fair Lady Kimberly's domain, and I tarried there to partake in the fruits of her lovely word crafting. I was moved to respond, and as I offered my gift of verbiage, I was horrified to note that this same Japanese fellow had beaten me to the punch! Even as I knelt to place my gift on the table I saw his slipped in before mine.
Outraged I realized this action for the personal affront that it was. No gauntlet had ever been thrown more viciously. I left my gift and leapt back upon my horse (who only remained unmentioned before this point because I didn't think of him until right now. We'll call him Pal). Calling Pal to outrace the very winds of Heaven, I sped down the hill until I arrived at the Halls of Elizabeth. I clattered into the courtyard, and raced for the gift hall. Still gasping for breath, I wrote out a scathing challenge and placed it there on the gift table. There was still no sign of the Japanese guy with spiky hair. Aha! There! His gift appeared almost simultaneously! But MINE was offered to the fair Elizabeth before his. I had prevailed! The r.o.b. remained free of Japanese-guy-always-posting-before-me-itis. All was well once again.
4 comments:
Wow...
Hee hee hee!
Lisa
You are amazing Fern! I am astounded by your greatness. I love you and see you soooooon!
wow, what some people will do for attention these days :)
Anyway, glad to hear the full story of it. Now it all makes sense :)
Gotta be quick to beat Ryu...
Post a Comment