I have a grade book. And a lesson plan book. And I ate lunch in the teacher's lounge. I'm at staff meetings, and talking about kids' needs, and discussing corrective action.
I'm a teacher!
I didn't write yesterday, partly because the main thing I thought of was Buttercup's declaration "We'll never survive" as she and Westley are entering the Fire Swamp. I even tried it out loud to get the accent right. Very effective.
But actually I wasn't all that gloomy yesterday, and I certainly wasn't gloomy today. Tired, yes. Gloomy, no. For one thing, I love the people I'm going to be working with. They have wonderful senses of humor, and are ready to help at the drop of a hat.
So now all that remains to be seen is what the kids are like. And what teaching is like. And if I will or will not actually survive.
But really, my courage is quite good. I know the year will be hard. I will have no social life to speak of. I will be tired all the time. But I will be TEACHING! And teaching LITERATURE.
I will also be teaching US Government and Earth Science (scratch the New Testament survey class). I never thought I'd see the day when I would be teaching science. But it's coming. Try next Wednesday.
So folks, while this is an update on events of late, it is also a bit of a farewell. Remember that part about no social life? That pretty much meant no free time (i.e. no blog time). Sigh. And Melissa just started college and has three self portraits due by next week so she'll be out of it too. My best guess is that there might be an update each weekend, but I'm not even sure about that. It's been fun while it lasted! And who knows, maybe teaching will be a breeze and I'll have oodles of time for sitting around writing fascinating tales of the world of education. But I'm not counting on it.
9 comments:
Yay!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!! I was praying for you yesterday. And don't fret about blogging. We will still love you even if you never have time. Of course, that's much easier to say on this side of the ocean. If I really want to know what you are up to I can always drive down to see you.
A drop in blogging will only mean much more to talk about in person! And incentive instigate personal meetings now and then! It's not all bad...
if gas prices don't rocket to $9 a gallon or something. I had to stop in Stamford on the way home from NY because I was almost on empty. I paid... $3.19 a gallon for five gallons of gas!!!! What is this world coming too?
Huzzah!
oh how sad. I'll miss you and your blogs! And yay for you now having the label TEACHER! You are going to be so great, really. I was picturing you up in front teaching literature, flailing your arms, raising your voice and laughing merrily with a book in your hands. =) They will love it.
Good luck, you're gonna need it...
Good Job Andrea.I am so proud of you!! I will be praying for you
I have to echo what Lisa said about knowing your students will love your teaching. That was the first thing I thought of when i heard you were getting that job.
Ditto to Lisa and Bria. Lucky your students!
Post a Comment