Student: Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite?
Miss Murray: Yes!
Student: Did you like it?
Miss Murray: Yes, it was hilarious.
Student: It seems like nobody's parents like the movie. They all think it's dumb or pointless.
Miss Murray: Ya, it seems pretty generational.
Student: What does that mean?
Miss Murray: Only people in a certain age group like it.
[Pause]
Student: Then why do you like it?
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! How old do these people think I am?! I'm being classed with people's parents!!! Natural, I suppose, but still a weird moment:)
4 comments:
Welcome to the world of "old" :) Of course, with my youthful looks and natural charming personality, many people mistake ME for someone much younger, so I don't have any tips for you, sorry :) but keep on, I'm sure some of the students will see you're "young at heart", hehehehee...
if you find out the lingo of your kids you can keep up with them and be the HIP teacher of the school...cuz I know that is what you want to be....use words like "hot" which is the new cool etc etc...
Face it Andrea, we are getting older but not to be put into the category with parents...very funny post.. I read it to the others working with me tonight at the PD..we all laughed
That is right. Just tell them you're in the generation between their parents and them :)
Post a Comment