* My high school kids keep on casually asking me what I want for Christmas. Ahhh, so subtle. So enjoyable.
*Two of my 7th grade girls told me they want to invite me to their Christmas Party and Sleepover! Oy vay! But very flattering.
*I'm starting to make more friends in the 2nd grade class! It's really fun to slowly build up a rapport with them. Yesterday one of them spoke to me for the first time: "Will you be my teacher someday?"
*My 7th and 8th grade class are SO into the Sherlock Holmes story I'm reading aloud to them (The Speckled Band). They keep coming up with great theories of how it could have worked, and who might be to blame. None have hit on it yet. But they keep on trying.
*One of my girls wants me to give her guitar lessons! I assured her I didn't know that much... But that I'd love to pass on what I do know! We're tentatively scheduled for Tuesdays after school.
*I am in love with the RI library system. I can get books out of any library in RI with my card. Today I went to three different libraries to get movies (when you have a commute as long as mine, that's not too crazy). The movies are for "fast-forward through time to see the effects of Greek culture on our culture" day. Which is tomorrow. Yay!
*Now I have to go read and watch movies to get ready for tomorrow's class. What a life!
6 comments:
I bet my county has more libraries then RI =) And I think you should go to the sleep over. Think of the bonding time!
Maybe the secret of The Speckled Band has something to do with the bell cord attached to the vent, which runs into the next room. Maybe it has something to do with the bed being bolted to the floor. Or maybe it has something to do with the safe and the milk saucer in the next room. Or could it be....
I listened to The Speckled Band on tape when I was about ten or eleven, and I was so creeped out/thrilled by the story that I remember most of it (especially the part were the colonel or major or whatever he is bends the poker and Holmes bends it back. Now THAT was impressive!) from the tape, even though I have probably read it once twice since then.
your love quotion must be filled with all these words of aff.
I am a fan of my library system as well. I am able to borrow movies that I would otherwise pay to rent!
Huzzah for library systems!
And another huzzah for the Speckled Band!
Out of curiosity, which three movies did you pick?
Ooooh!
*shivers
"The Speckled Band" was a creepy part of my middle school education. Glad you're passing it on. :O)
After reading your blog, I felt that my education would not be compleate unless I read The Speckled Band. So I went and got our copy of it and read it. It was thrilling!
Post a Comment