?
?
?
?I was just going to comment on Penny's blog when I spotted something that made me forsake it to come over and post on my own (sorry Penny! I did love those Easter eggs a lot!). What I spotted, or rather what finally registered on my brain, was the little phrase "choose an identity." (Side note: speaking of registering on brains, during our shopping day I said to Katie, seemingly out of the blue, "Yes! You should go to a Red Sox game!" This was because the night before she had said how she needed to get to one some day. And it took about 18 hours to finally sink in! Oy vay.) Anyway, finally the phrase "choose an identity" caught my attention, and amused me. Cool! I can comment as anyone I want to!
I could choose someone else's identity if I wanted to. I might decide to comment as Shakespeare and be wicked eloquent. Or maybe Gerard Manly Hopkins and sound really, really complex yet beautiful. Or I could comment as Ann Coulter and sound incredibly biting but smart. Perhaps I should choose a generic athlete and say the same exact trite phrases again and again no matter what the post is about.
Or, I could choose an identity with a totally different personality. No longer would I be easy going and people pleasing. I could come out with rude and blunt statements. Or I could be totally shallow, and treat everything as a huge joke, no matter how meaningful the post was. Perhaps I should be an ultra-blond and miss every point.
Speaking of ultra-blonds, perhaps I could choose an identity that is based on stereotypes! I could comment as a southerner, a liberal, a hick, a "person of ethnicity."
And speaking of "persons of ethnicity," I could post as someone who embraces every aspect of political correctness! Now that would be a fascinating experiment. I could take offense at so many things that weren't in the least offensive.
The possibilities are endless! Blogs are so much fun!
11 comments:
silly girl! But sounds like lots of fun. Hey, guess what- I looked at my receipt from J.Jill and discovered that another one of my purchase was 25% off! Cooooool. Had fun showing them all off to Gretchen last night. :-)
Ooh! Ooh! This is fun!
*
Rats. I had a whole lot of ideas but they got jammed in the elevator door all trying to get in at once.
And anyway, I think the funniest ones weren't very nice. Hmm...
Well maybe someone else with more (and kinder?) creativity can come up with some more identities...
In the mean time,
I remain respectfully yours,
(how about the subservient commenter!?)
Your ever-loving sister,
(or the formal?)
Gretchen
(a final, weak little burst of creativity on my way out of the comments box)
And speaking of "Politically Correct," I was at the dump today and was checking out the books at the little shed of "treasures," and one of them was "Politically Correct Holiday Stories," or some such title. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or serious, and I'm not sure I want to find out...
$*%*@#$@!!!!!!!
That's my chosen identity. (I wonder what I said...?)
Thet's a great idea to try on all kinds of identities-er-what happens if you get lost among your different characters and can't find yer way back???---but then maybe you wouldn't really care anyway??? 8~D
gretchen---get one of your boys to hold thet elevator door fer ya' and let the ideas pack themselves in!!! 8~)
trust me, it isn't all you think it is.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!Ka-Sizzle!!!!
yeah, St IV has it right. He should know.
and besides, isn't the whole point of having a blog to be you? or, to express what you really feel?
nice to know that tho, I might have to check into it for any easy "id change" should I need to comment "anonymously" :-)
Melissa gets the "smartest person of the day" award! She caught my mistaken "Gerard Manly Hopking." I have now changed it back to its rightful Hopkins:)
I don't know Andrea: I chose you as the cleverest person ever as soon as I read this post!
heeheehee
*stops in the middle of ironing a shirt to return*
Oh, my last comment didn't come out right, did it? It was in no way meant to slight the cleverness of Melissa! <3
Lisa I love you! I totally related when I read your last comment:)
Post a Comment