
Ya, ya, I know - opening day was yesterday. But I didn't post last night because of extenuating circumstances (like, ummm, sleep), so I'm doing it one day late.
Happy Opening Day!!!
It was a fabulous day for me - kind of like Christmas only different. I was so excited all day: decorating the chalk board, making sure the teachers knew (the one drawback of the school: no huge Red Sox fans amongst the staff), and (for the crowning moment) turning on the radio during literature so that we could all hear the first pitch. It was a ball. To Crisp.
Then I got to listen to the game all the way home, and watch it once I actually arrived home. I got to enjoy a fabulous victory (the first on opening day in 5 or 6 years I might add), and then enjoy an hour or so of interviews afterwards. I am definitely in the Crisp camp, after hearing him say he'd done alright, but made a couple of "blunders." Hee hee hee. Not among those blunders was the FABULOUS centerfield catch he made. Damon couldn't have done that (cough cough).
Then the game was being re-broadcast, so I watched the pre-game show! I might have started watching the game all over again, but it was getting later and later...
This morning, as I was getting off Rt 24, I practically burst into tears of joy when I remembered, "HEY! They're going to be playing AGAIN! TONIGHT!" Ahhhhh, baseball season. It's like the missing piece has been found or something. Part of me that was dormant and languishing is vital once more. Hurrah for baseball season!!!
5 comments:
Wow! You are so cool, and really fascinating in a foreign sort of way. I don't know what happened to me, but I definitely did not get the baseball genes.
You could almost make me envious...It sounds like fun to be a rabid Sox fan. Happy Season!
Love you,
me
Ol' 'Lanche and I are hoping for a Red Sox vs. Giants world series this year and may the Giants win all!!! GO GIANTS!!! 8~)
Hooray! Thanks for the phone message! I was in the library so "ignored" you. Hooray for opening day! I wished a girl happy opening day in choir on Monday because she was wearing a Red Sox hat. It was a bonding moment. Too bad I don't have TV to really enjoy it...
Woohoo!!! Go Red Sox!
Yay! So glad you're so happy!
Post a Comment