Monday, May 29, 2006

Another World...

I have just returned home from Florida, and have this weird feeling that I was in a strange and amazing dream-world, or even parallel universe, for the past couple of days.

In this parallel universe, that had almost zero relation to most of my life, except for some of the principle characters, I was in blazing sunshine, on green grass, next to the blue, blue ocean. I was surrounded by a host of friends almost non-stop (you can't get much more blissful than that in my book!). With these friends I was playing volleyball on the beach and watching the sun set over the ocean and going out to eat and bowling and playing games and talking and laughing a lot. And burying treasure in the sand, of course.

Oh ya, and two of the said friends were married! (Small detail there...) They were married in a beautiful, meaningful ceremony that celebrated the sanctity of what they were embarking on. And the music was killer (hee hee hee). I rejoice in the goodness of God, in bringing Jeff and Fritha together, and I trust for His continued blessing on them!

Most of you have probably already seen DJ's post w/ its link to an abundance of pictures (good job, Steph!). If you haven't, check it out!

9 comments:

Cara said...

That time in Florida does sound like absolute bliss. I'm so glad you were able to go. And amen to Steph doing a good job.

Linds said...

Hey - I thought Craig said on the phone that you guys weren't having any fun b/c I wasn't there!!! Sounds like a little slipped in :)
Glad you're back! I missed you.

Claire said...

That is The Neatest picture!

I seem to have experienced a similar parallel universe recently- and funny thing- YOU were there! Yes, that music WAS killer, you funny gargoyle. Hee hee hee, indeed!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

We-uns agree!!! It was awesomely good to be together especially for such a pleasant occasion... 8~)

lis said...

Well, of COURSE the music was awesome!

:O)

So glad you enjoyed your sojourn on another planet. Just looking at the pictures makes me feel the same way.

Booker said...

yes, it was a little sidetrip from reality. Rather refreshing I must say.

and way to be humble ;-)

CKS said...

Wait, who did we kill? I missed that exciting part of the adventure. Rats, I'm always lagging behind...sounds like that could have been the best part.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»