Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sightseeing in Kentucky! (And Cincinatti, sort of, in an Across the River Kind of Way)


I have become quite enamored of this bridge. I love it! I guess I have a thing for beautiful bridges, like I do for arches. It must point to some deep spiritual truth or something. Anyway, this is fast becoming my second favorite bridge (After the Newport one, of course)!
..


This is beautiful 2nd street. So historic. So lovely. I loved the little gardens in front of each house. They were exquisite. I wish I had a close up shot, but Renee was telling a story and I didn't want to interrupt her any more than I already was:)


...

Here is a cute little arched door we found. It was so very wee!

And lastly, Cincinatti at night. Ahhhhhhh. (Note the beautiful bridge in the foreground!)

4 comments:

KJ said...

WOW! BEEEAAAUUUUTTTTYYYY! Are these all taken with your phone or what? I'm glad you're having fun but I am procrastinating and need to be going to bed.... but don't worry... Katie is cooking up a storm for the GW so you are in good hands as you are busy galavanting and having fun! Luv to YOU

Claire said...

Thanks for including us in your travels and posting some inneresting pics.

I was on our stat counter thing the other day to see who has been visiting our blog recently and I saw Covington, Kentucky listed and knew RIGHT AWAY that it was none other than YOU! Kinda neat, eh? I mean- most of the time I see things like Atlanta or Manchester or Nashua - and it could be any number of people...but this time I knew EXACTLY who it was...!

Linds said...

Hurray for you in the wee doorway! (nice shirt :)

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Is sight seeing anything like see sawing-er-Glad you're havin' a great time! 8~)