Has anyone else noticed the recent rash of Princess Bride allusions in the blog-o-sphere?! It's been on Karena's blog, Aaron's blog (via Meredith's comment), and Craig's blog. And now it's on my blog! The Princess Bride is EVERYWHERE! I think it's a sign. A good omen, as it were. I mean, it might be a bad omen, but how could a movie that classic be a bad omen? So it must be a good omen (I might be teaching logic next year, can you tell?).
So I'm wondering if there is any way to analyze and interpret this phenomenon. What can it all mean? There must be some deep, cosmic reason for it. Any ideas?
Perhaps there is an adventure in store, and we are being prepared for it: some adventure of revenge and betrayal and pursuit and love and courage. Or maybe someone is going to be poisoned and this is the cosmic warning. Maybe we've reached the saturation point for bad news in the world and our coping mechanism includes dwelling on fairy tales. Maybe we are just due for a laugh. Maybe the end of the world is at hand! Hmmm, anyone have any creative ideas?
6 comments:
Or maybe we are headed for the CLIFFS OF INSANITY!
And there's a reference on Sojourning's blog- um...don't know how to post a link on a comment. Her title is "Stop Saying That!" And I'm not sure if she means to be quoting Count Rugen ( or whatever the Six Fingered Man's name is) or if she's just frustrated in general...
I thought the same thing when I read people's blogs yesterday! And that was before anything on my or your blogs had anything to do with Princess Bride!
In case you don't check my comments again, there was yet another coincidence today. Cara, who has not been reading any blogs that I know of, has been reading the book aloud to the Holschers!
This is just getting curiouser and curiouser...
Check Joseph's xanga, he talked about it in his post. And the Holschers and my family got together to watch it this evening. This is all weird. (Half the fun of watching the movie was Uncle Dave's infectious laugh...mostly at Miracle Max.)
And one of my students used a reference recently that made it sound that she was referring to it! How weird is that?
As far as interpretation, I think the recent killing of al-Zarquawi (pardong the spelling) fits the theme of revenge and betrayal. But who knows about the other?
And is the "24" party starting this weekend?
Maybe Westley is about to get his buttercup. Hehehehe
Post a Comment