For those who prayed, THANK YOU! It was a stunningly wonderful time. I had a group that was fun, interesting, enthusiastic, cooperative, thoughtful, friendly, and spiritually alive. They all got along with each other, and seemed to enjoy everything I threw at them. They even worked happily! My goodness.
We took trips to Newport, Boston, Wrentham, and Concord, MA. We saw amazing sights! We had an amazing amount of fun!
The girls learned the Virginia Reel, made up skits and radio dramas, sang, laughed, played games they'd never played before, and generally kept themselves beautifully and wholesomely entertained.
We also had some rich times in morning devotions and in the meetings. Our theme was "Intimacy with God," and I think we did more that just talk about it - we deepened our intimacy with Jesus. We had some marked times of hearing the call of God to our hearts. Praise the Lord!
And the most startling part of all, for me, was the fact that I was feeling sad about the week coming to a close. Generally, I have a great time, but I'm exhausted by week's end. This time I was feeling blothpicky about it ending. That was quite new!
Hurrah for Girls' Week 2006!
ps. Well, I valiantly struggled to upload pictures to accompany this post. But I am at Fairwood, and thus am trying to maneuver with dial-up. Sigh. Sorry. Maybe another time...
5 comments:
Glad for the good time! Glad for the blothpick too! There's always next year, DV!!! 8~)
I was with brandon when he checked the milage on the van, and he said that you had gone over six hundred miles!. Glad it went well for you.
I'm so happy that it was such a positive week. Thankyou for all you did to make it a success. Can you list all who were there?
Yes! The girls were Kayla S, Clara H, Cara S, Meredith L, Stephanie K, Kimberly K, Jayne R, Ari W (Roger and Robin's), Zarah P, Felicia M (Rick and Jennie May's), Amy T, Diane T, Debbie C, and Erinn M (Debbie's cousin).
WHAT A GROUP!
Those of us who were there at the Family Convention enjoyed more times together of reading aloud and dancing the VA reel. Hurrah!
Thank you so much, Drewey, for a SMASHING time. It was such a wonderful week, and it seemed like each minute was loaded with something exciting. Thanks again!
Post a Comment