I HATE SALAD! There. I've said it. After years of just eating it because it was there, it finally hit me, clearly and undeniably: I simply loath the stuff. I wouldn't mind if I never saw another leaf of it again. I like the veggies fine: tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber... yummmm. But as for the leafy stuff, absolutely no redeeming value. Except for nutritionally, of course, which doesn't count.Many of my more meritous friends enjoy it, which makes me wonder if perhaps I am missing out. Sometimes, even where there is the option of a hamburger or a quesadilla, they choose it at a restaurant! To me, that is a waste of stomach space that could have been used more efficiently, and pleasurably.
I don't see any way out of this vicious salad-loathing cycle. Every time I convince myself that it's good for me, and try some, I am reminded all the more vigorously of why I do not like it, and I am all the more hardened in my anti-salad stance. It is not for me to munch upon the green and leafy.
Now if they would come up with CHOCOLATE lettuce, that would be a different story!
17 comments:
I LOVE salad!
We can't be friends anymore...
:-)
Drewey,
ME TOO! Salads are a waste of time! I would rather eat the ingredients one by one, like a rabbit.
I do like lettuce, if it's the fancy stuff, and if it's mostly by itself with a fabulous homemade dressing.
But iceberg lettuce is not food.
You are too funny! But I am afraid I am a salad lover. :-)
maybe you should consider why you feel like you have to like salad in the first place?
If you don't like it, don't eat it. Its a food, not a character quality, lol...
and yes, thankgoodness for Party Shuffle. Thank Itzak for my discovery. He turned me on to it...
I don't hate it, I don't love it. I just eat it.
Until Chocolate Lettuce appears try the rotating jaw motion---maybe that'll help??? 8~)
Sigh...I am in that catagory that actually orders salads - I love them! I think it does depends on what is in the salad.....type of greens.... dressing etc.
But that is ok if you don't! I still love you.
I totally agree with you 100 percent! I've tried to force myself to like them but it just isn't happening, especially when I have to prepare them myself.
Here is a validating comment for you, on a sort of multi-cultural note: When I was running the kitchen (back when we still had a steady stream of international students) I remember one of the African girls telling me with a bit of a giggle that in her country they didn't eat that kind of food, it was only for the animals. In fact, I believe she said they referred to lettuce as "rabbit food." Honest. So the point of this is, multiculturalism is not all bad.
: )
Or something like that.
: )
I'm so excited to see that so many people don't like salad!!!! I despise the stuff, but I have a mother and an older sister who make me eat it...:)
This makes me want to hear the truth from some nutritional expert. What is the redeeming value in salad? (I'm thinking just the leafy part of it.) Is there something good you will get by eating it that you don't get from eating cucumbers or carrots or tomatoes or whatever else on its own?
Mmmmmm....Where'd you get the picture of that luscious looking salad? It looks sooooo good...
I think you have had a bad salad history. Methinks that if you had a REALLY GOOD salad, you might actually LIKE it!
Here's what I think makes a good salad: a small amount of lettuce or spinach- of course- but it's just a backdrop, a base, not a main ingredient... - tomatoes, cheese, cucumbers, broccoli, avocado, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, olives, saltnpepper and a few tablespoons of one's favorite dressing. (And if you need a crunch factor: croutons and/or bacon bits. I don't need crunch.) Now THAT, my friend, is a salad. Try it and TELL me you don't like THAT.
Next time you forget you don't like salad, toss it my way and I'll be more than happy to finish it off for you. Mmmm....
Ha haaa, 999! I get it! "TOSS" it my way...!!! You are such a droll fellow.
Okay. I've got to stop haunting this comment page...I'm really NOT stalking you, Fernie...
Post a Comment