Monday, September 11, 2006

My Style of Conflict Resolution: Everyone Agree with Me!

This morning I was grumpy as all get-out, bewailing my overworked state. But by afternoon I was blissfully saying I had the best job in the world. What made the difference? The world's BEST headmaster!

Friday afternoon I suddenly realized that Rhetoric class was going to be totally boring and a waste of time and energy. This is not a realization one wants to reach at the beginning of a school year. So I generally panicked, and then started casting about for alternate curriculum.

This afternoon, with fear and trepidation, I sat down with my headmaster and told him I wanted to scrap the curriculum and replace it with a new one. And he listened! And (gasp) agreed! He was totally on my side. Isn't that amazing?! As an employee, I felt like my boss was really behind me, and wanted me to succeed. Now that was a good thing to realize at the beginning of a school year. He is really a good man. Bless his heart! He just saved my santity. It's amazing what the losing of a horrible class and the gaining of a fascinating one will do for my morale!

6 comments:

Claire said...

I like your style of conflict resolution...It sounds like a win-win-win to me! ( See the Michael Scott school of business...)

Jill said...

Andrea, I'm so glad everything worked out and your boss liked your idea. Always nice when others see things from your viewpoint!

Booker said...

LOL at Claires Office reference :-)

CKS said...

I see...so when you were offering me your rhetoric class, it wasn't out of the goodness of your heart? Trying to share some misery, were we?

Happy for the turn-around and no one has to be miserable.

Anonymous said...

H'ray! I'm SO glad to hear that! And of course I love the title...who wouldn't? : )

ahappywife said...

i'm so proud of you for having the chutzpah to address the issue in the first place. Way to NOT roll over and play dead! At a Girl Annie!