It's so nice having TJ home - it means we eat Chinese food more:) And last weekend, I got a fortune cookie that made me reflect on deep life truths. Or deep life questions, rather. Like, who told the Chinese about me? Which of my friends and relations is the mole?!
My fortune was "You will find yourself in a position of dignity in the end." HA! You keep trying to be grown up and dignified, but we fortune cookie writers know that you are fighting a losing battle. You?! Dignified?! (giggle giggle) But hey, don't worry. You might be dignified by the time you DIE! (If you're lucky.) (more giggles)
Today one of my students told me that her mother said I bring sunshine to the school... you can hear me all through the halls. Oh. Great!
Well, here's hoping for that dignity in the end...
9 comments:
I hate fortune cookies! I get all excited, and then they're dumb! The last one I got said I'd "Soon be crossing the great waters."
If that has anything to do w/ anything OTHER than the Atlantic Ocean on my way to Greece, I'm cancelling my surgery tomorrow!
I got a fortune cookie a few months ago that said, "You have a lively family." No, you think?!
Just be like me, all doom and gloom. Then you will have dignity oozing out of your pores and the rest of the teachers will just fall back in awe and silence :-)
Giggling helplessly.
Just another reason not to eat chinese. Food isn't that great, and apparently neither are the fortunes.
Ok, I admit it; I let out the secret. I'm soooorrry!!!! ;)
Traitor!!!!!!!!!!! I think there is an Article under the Patriot Act dealing with this. It's Gitmo for Aaron for SURE :-)
definitely NOT Aaron...he doesn't even know any Chinese people.
I, on the other hand!
Yes, Jing and I had quite a talk about your, um, "dignity" Andrea. It was a frequent topic of conversation. And surely Jing had a direct line to Beijing! Andrew and I did love to speculate that he was a very stupid spy who never figured out that we weren't the REAL FBI. But then, if he was spying for fortune cookie companies instead of for the government, I suppose spying on pseudo-FBI agents didn't hurt him much.
Asaphat - How do YOU know that I don't know any Chinese people? The fact is, you don't.
Nevertheless, you're right. :)
Post a Comment