Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving... and Merry Christmas Season!!!

I am thankful for a wonderful year! God has blessed me immeasurably, most noticeably in the deepening of my relationship with Him and in my teaching. But also in an awesome summer. And of course the amazing people in my life! Thank you, friends and family, for enriching my life, for encouraging me on, for being the world's best people!

And NOW, since it's the day after Thanksgiving, it's time to start in on CHRISTMAS celebration!!! YIPPEEEE! The day after Thanksgiving is one of my favorites - especially at that moment when Dad puts on our family's favorite Christmas CD (An Old World Christmas). And Dad was out putting up our Christmas lights, so when sundown hits the Christmas season will be here big time!

(Back to the Thanksgiving theme - I'm thankful for Danny, who just came jogging by here and stopped to chat for a bit. "Here" being my car, which is parked outside Gerry's where I'm pirating his high-speed connection. My brother is so awesome, and he makes me laugh so very much. He and Andrew and Brandon - they are the three kings of laugh-provoking - at least as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, just wanted to add that little spontaneous 'thankful-for.')

So ya, opening day of Christmas season: HURRAH!!! May it be a blessed one for each of you - and full of the reality of what it all means: Emmanuel - God with us! Amazing truth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAH!!!!!

lis said...

Good stuff, m'dear...and I am thankful for your joyful spirit and deep faith. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for our awesome brother, one of the three laughter-provoking kings! :)
I dreamed I was home for Christmas break last night/this morning.... only 2 weeks and 3 days!
I can't wait to hear the "Old World Christmas" CD and see the lights and go pick out a tree with Daddy! Hurray for Christmas!

Claire said...

You pirate, you! Arrrrr!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun enjoying the Christmas season... (sniff)

lis said...

Melissa! I have been fruitlessly looking for a post from you so I can return your comment with bonus thankfulness. Silly me. I shall do it here:

I love you and am words-fail-me thankful for you.

Take that! :O)