Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Let it Snow!

Okay people. Here's the deal: I want snow!!! What's the point in living in New England if you don't even have snow by NOVEMBER 28?!?!

I know, I know, all you fellow New Englanders are screaming at me now (inwardly, if you happen to be in a more public place): "What are you thinking?! We're going to have plenty of snow, loads of snow, TOO MUCH snow before you know it! Stop tempting fate!"

But I'm starting to get anxious. What if it didn't snow this winter? Can you imagine? What if I was forced to move to (gasp) Canada or something to get my snow fix?

Sometimes you don't know you're an addict until the addiction is removed. If we don't get snow I'm going to have serious withdrawal symptoms. I mean, the fact that moving to Canada even crossed my fingertips is a tell-tale sign.

Anyway, the point is, I keep seeing snow globes, and snow flake cut-outs, and snow stickers, and snow storms on tv, and I look outside and see fall, fall, fall. Let's have a little winter!

Now, I'm not being an extremist here. You'll notice I said a "LITTLE" winter. But whatever it is, I'm feeling a little desperate.

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

(Ya, ya, first big blizzard you'll all be inwardly - or outwardly - berating me. You superstitious readers, you.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe you should move to Washington...they have snow there!!! Kristi even posted some pictures.

ljm said...

Yay...we think alike!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I've been thinking the exact same thing! It seems like the more people are singing "Let It Snow!" the warmer it gets! It's supposed to be 55 in New Hampshire on the FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER!!!! At least it's going down...

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, there better be snow when I get home for Christmas!! Or at least some before the end of Christmas break! :)

Anonymous said...

hey, was it you who had a post about Christmas celebration and the pagan celebrations? and how they actually came after? let me know...

drewey fern said...

I don't know if it was I, DJ... But I believe there was an article in World (?) last year that said the old "Christmas is just a made-over pagan holiday" thing wasn't true. That was happy!

Anonymous said...

Yes it was in WORLD magazine last year (or maybe the year before???) and it had a lot of good stuff to say.

Andrea, can you believe you and Liane!?!? Talk about on the same wave length (see her blog if you haven't already!)

drewey fern said...

Yay Liane!!! :)

Claire said...

Ya'll kin have da snow. I'm liking it bein' in the sixties in Novembah...

Linds said...

I want it too!

Anonymous said...

I am really really looking forward to snow. It is so STRANGE that we've had just flurries, and those came about a month ago.

Maybe if we all sing "Let It Snow" at the top of our lungs for a while it will snow. Or we could be patient. :)

I'm looking forward to ice on our pond, even more than I'm looking forward to snow. I can't wait to pull my skates on...

Anonymous said...

I thought your best line was that moving to Canada crossed your "fingertips"!

Though, this is an alarming development if indeed your locus of control and centre for abstract thought is located in an apendage.

Laughter said...

Yay, Claire, you got the right idea. :-D

Anonymous said...

Well, I DO read your blog, just not religiously like my Bible :-)

thanks Fern and G for the info. That's what I was looking for.

As for all you people wishing for snow, as my Mom told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

:-)