Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm on Christmas Break!!!

Hurrah for Christmas!!!

My last day of school was great fun - I got to put on a Christmas party for 7-12 grade. I taught them the game Mafia! Definitely very Christmas-y. They enjoyed it, although the dead people kept on talking and voting. Silly kids. But still fun!

Linds, we played your bow-on-the-head game, too! They thought it was fabulous, and begged me to play a round during chapel. I opted out of that one, even though they said they'd all defend me if the headmaster tried to fire me over it. Thanks, guys.

I was overwhelmed with gifts: some of them even gave me birthday presents! Good grief, I was never that nice to MY teachers!

And they liked their gifts too - one of my high schoolers (11th grade) said he'd keep his Hamlet bookmark forever! He was really pleased with it. Hurrah!

And now I'm on break, and basically my only responsibilites are to read books to see if they'd be good to teach, and finish Christmas shopping. I can handle that! Last night Gretchen started reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" to KJ and me. I needed to read it for school, but the thought of turning to page 1 of a 650 page book was daunting. So she turned to page one for me! And now I'm totally hooked, and am not at all daunted at the prospect of turning to page 30. Thanks, sis!

Merry almost Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That is one thing I miss from teaching school -- all the wonderful gifts families would give!

Linds said...

Hurray for Christmas break - mine starts in not many hours!
And I'm so glad you played that fun bow game... I loved it!
But not more than I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having a break! I'm looking forward to maybe catching a glimpse of you here and there for a week or so.

Claire said...

Linzertorte: Is there something wrong with the time on your comment thing or were you really commenting at FIVE STINKING THIRTY NINE A.M.? Whoa, Snowy.

Linds said...

Clara - sadly, there was nothing wrong w/ my time on the commentor... only on my time in my HEAD!! Couldn't sleep :)