WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE FREEDOMS OF OUR LAND?! I logged into blogger this morning, ready to dazzle the world with a stunning new post, when I was greeted with two little messages.
"Switch to New Blogger"
and
"Skip this step and go to Dashboard (you may only do this once)"
WHAT?! I decided to call their bluff and go into my old account twice. Nothing doing. They weren't bluffing. I was being forced to switch. AHHHHH!
So, dragging my feet and muttering under my breath, I went through the process of change. And then I started in on this post. Oh boy is the grumpiness mounting! Do you know how many times I had to enter my name and password just to get to this point?! Every time I wanted to move to a new page: fill in name, password, submit. I must have typed my crazy password 20 times already!
And now the worst part of all. Well, maybe second worst. I hate the new buttons for "save as draft" and "publish" and "comment" and "preview." They're so ugly! They're thin and uninviting, like someone's dissaproving, pursed lips. Ewww. I liked the old, fatter, welcoming buttons, that made you want to be a part of the whole blogging adventure!
But the worst part of all is all the security measures, where you have to override privacy settings every other second. It used to take me 2 clicks to publish a comment on someone's blog. Now it takes me SIX! That is just excessive. I'd rather have hackers galore! I thought modernization and change and progress were supposed to be for increased efficiency and ease!
Oy vay. I knew I was conservative for a reason. Maybe I was brought into the blogging world for such a time as this: to whine and complain about the inevitable. Wait. Somehow that doesn't sound right.
Sigh. I got used to the new kitchen, church, parlour, and front lawn. I suppose I'll get used to this.
(The upside of all of this is that when I first logged into blogger I didn't know what I was going to write about. At least this fiasco gave me fodder!)
[Okay, so I wrote my complaining, tongue-in-cheek post, then hit publish, and then (after being asked to enter my name and password, of course) ran into all kinds of blogger errors and LOST the post! So this is all a re-write, and, alas, I think I lost a little of my tonge-in-cheekness on round two.]
13 comments:
well, who wouldn't be grumpy after losing a post?
don't worry, it sounds like you just had a very bad start.
it gets better, trust me :-)
Poor baby chica! It does get better, trust me too!
Um...from a very non techie...it really does get better!!!!
Bad day huh.)
If I can get a hold of Boom Boom Charlie he might be able to persuade the web master to reconsider.
He doesn't talk much.
Nice rant, more libertarian than conservative, but 100% entertaining as always!
That's so awful! Really! And just to add a little more misery to the total picture so far, is it just my imagination or did something get messed up in the comments section?
I hope it's my imagination, but I was just re-reading the comments on a few of your most recent posts, and a whole bunch of them say they're from "Anonymous," which I don't think they said before. They might have, but I really didn't think so.
Any ideas?
Love you lots, and it was so nice to see you today.
Gretchen
PRICELESS RANT. YES. I AGREE. Wholeheartedly, as you can tell by the all caps thing. I LOVED the part about the skinny buttons being someone's pursed disapproving lips. I actually laughed aloud. ( None of this LOL business.)
And the part about having to get used to the new kitchen, parlor, etc. really got my funny bone. If I didn't know what you were talking about, I might think you were some richy-rich girl complaining about her mansion being renovated. ( Who calls their living room a parlor?!)It amused me greatly.
Yes. Newness-shnewness. New is overrated.
I just LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Gretchen-yes, in the initial switchover, some comments[it appears to be completely random, as opposed to selectively random(hahaha)] go from their owners to being anonymous.
nothing can be done about it. This is the price we pay for instant communication via technology. It is like we are all little Faust's ;-) and Blogger is Mephistopheles[I cut and pasted that, no way I knew that spelling off the top of my head]
Oooh, what a literary allusion, DJ! Very impressive, even though the message is completely depressing (and maddening).
But thank you, everyone, for your encouragement that things will get better. I appreciate it, and I believe you!
(I think)
I thought it was a great post, even if it was the second time you wrote it. But I am sorry for you and agree with you about the insane frustration over trying to comment on others' blogs and having to click okay over and over before they allow you.... but after awhile those go away too! :) I love you too!
Uh-oh. I knew this was going to happen someday. I guess this means that I'm next! :O)
Thanks for forging the trail before me, dear friend!
Sounds like you had a terrible time. I hope it doesn't happen to me too.
Post a Comment