And this morning I got all of my 7/8 papers graded! So that was good. I was thwarted in the 9th grade papers by a phone call, however, and now I'm taking a break for my emotional health.
The phone call was the mother of one of my seniors, letting me know that they did indeed decide to pull her out of the school and send her to public school. Long story. And not unexpected. But still a blow. So I'm taking a blogging break! (The cure-all...)
This is the second of my seniors to leave, alas. My 11/12 class is now just three boys. The two girls are gone. It's going to change the dynamics a LOT. I'm really going to miss those girls. They were the sanguines! But I know it's going to be good with the guys, too. Just different.
Anyway, the phone call was good. This particular mom is one of my favorites, and she said some nice, affirming things. Then my student got on the phone after her mom, and thanked me for teaching and stuff. She said she was going to brag about me to her new English teacher:) What a sweetie. Inside I trembled. What if new English teacher sees through me, and realizes I'm faking it half the time?! What if new English teacher sees my student's papers and sneers at me?! Ah, pshaw. I'm not living in the fear of man! I did what I could - and maybe her papers will be one of the best in the class! I can dream... :)
Anyway, I really believe that God is going to work things out, both for the class left at my school and for the two girls leaving. He has a good plan. And He will get my students to their destination in His own amazing way.
So that's what's been going on with me, lately. That, and I've been having fun w/ my camera, so I will now add some pics to the end of this post as a kind of "my vacation in pictures" ending:)
10 comments:
I'm on your blog!!!! I'm FAMOUS!!!! :)
So sorry to hear that she did indeed leave.
as for cranium, well, when your team mates do NOT get your berlin wall, you know you are sunk. It was fun anyway :-)
The Berlin Wall -- made out of shoes?! Wow- points for creativity, DJ! Fun pictures!
I'm so sorry about your student leaving. I hope it doesn't knock you off your stride...And I'm SURE that girl will do you proud at her new school!
Heh heh, you know what word sprang to mind after looking at these pictures? Hairy! First I notice that almost all the guys have facial hair, and then I noticed all the girls have very long, straight hair. Is that sort of the style back there or something?
Not saying it's bad, just observing. :-)
Always sad to lose a student. I lost a voice student this week.
Facial Hair=Ultra Manliness! :-)
actually, its because its cold outside. Natural insulating properties...
Ah, good point. :-)
I love the picture of the boys...so grown up and all so intent. What were they all gazing at?
I just clicked on the picture of the boys for to look at them better...and I was stunned at how Ian has grown! And - this has probably been said before but- he looks very much like a Brown!
I'm not sure what they were looking at... Half the time I don't even know what's going on these days, because I'm so caught up in picture taking:)
And yes, Melissa was just saying how very Brown-ish Ian looks!
Great pix! The snow one is 900 times better when you click on it and see the big version because there's SNOWFLAKES blowing across it, and it gives the picture MOTION...which is cool. I love the contributions of Rachel and Diane to that aerial picture. (Whose very photogenic hand is that? Hahaha...her reputation precedes her.)
Post a Comment