Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Full o' Spirit!

Yesterday our school had our first ever pep rally in honor of our first ever basketball team! And boy, was there ever some school pride shown! I was so happy to see my seniors truly excited, and saying that they've never felt this kind of school spirit. It's good for them to have something to rally around like that. They were so happy! And they expressed it with face paint and the loudest cheers ever! (Girl 1: "I had no idea I could yell like that!" Girl 2, thinking of her battered ear: "I had no idea you could either.")

The main inspirant (I'm bent upon getting this word into common usage) for the cheers and screams and yells was the Staff v. Student basketball game! It was the basketball team vs. the headmaster and his wife, the 65 year old Kindergarten teacher, the basketball coach, and me. SUPER FUN! Thankfully I was about one foot taller than most of the team, so I was able to do a lot as the center (!) in terms of rebounding and shooting from a one-foot radius.

And boy oh boy did my kids scream when I touched the ball! It was SO exhilerating. Paul Pierce, I understand now... :) I had actually picked up a Paul Pierce shirt at a yardsale last summer, so I was allllll set. [I bought it for Michael to grow into... until I realized it fit ME.]

The staff ended up losing, but only by two baskets (I think). Yay for us! (We would have been SMOKED if the coach weren't playing... Those little boys sure can run!)

So YAY for School Spirit! I'm all for it.

4 comments:

drewey fern said...

Oh my stars and stripes - this post posted without a single whimper! Could it be that my nightmare days with new blogger have passed?!

Booker said...

You do realize that you just referred to Highschool seniors as "little boys", right? ;-)

hahahhaha...

TripleNine said...

I never went to a school that had a basketball team :( Sounds like fun.

dj, hahahahaha

drewey fern said...

Hee hee - good point, DJ! Although actually, there aren't any seniors on the team - most are in 9th grade:) But still, not so little...