After a few trips to school in miserable weather, I was beginning to think that a snow day would never be mine.
This morning, at 5:30am I found that all three public schools in the vicinity of our school were closed for the day and thought, Surely...! Consequently at about 10 of 6 I was still there poking around, trying to find confirmation that we had been cancelled. I was just about to give up and start getting ready for the day (at 10 of 6 I was going to be excessively late for school, due to all the ice), when the phone rang. It was the headmaster, telling me that school was cancelled. I answered SO cheerfully when I saw that it was him, that he was actually laughing - in a groggy sort of way - when he started to speak. Ya, I was a little excited... and I'd been up for almost an hour already!
So anyway, I DID get a snow day! I'm pretty psyched about it, because that means, shifting today's lesson plans into the rest of the week, I have all of my lesson plans done for the entire week! That leaves today to get ready for next week's vacation (!!!) and the youth convention. YES! It also leaves a lot of time for goofing off, which is what one is supposed to do on a snow day.
Hip hip hurrah for MY school having snow days TOO!
6 comments:
Hurray! Ethan's school was canceled today as well which is pretty rare. Also...check out Sara and Darren's blog: your hairbrush saved the day!
Aren't snow days THE BEST? I'm enjoying one right now. Even better for me was finding out about 11 P.M. last night, so I first got up when normally I'd be about to teach my first class!
WOW i would love a snow day.. hmmm i guess i will have to pray for a hurricane day LOL... not really...
YAY Liane!!! I'm so glad:) And congratulations on winning!!!
I was wondering if you would when I called home and Daddy told me they were in the middle of a blizzard! Hurray for you!!
What, no new posts from the vacationing teacher? I was expecting/hoping for something deeply reflective and mind stimulating, perhaps as a result of the time off. But alack, alas, nothing! Or is the inspiration yet to come?
Post a Comment