Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day!

HAPPY OPENING DAY!!!

Hurrah! I'm watching the RED SOX in a REAL GAME at LAST! Ahhhhhh - does the soul good. There's nothing like baseball... especially with Schilling pitching.

I saw such a great "get you all psyched for opening day" clip on ESPN last night - inspiring music with a shot of a stadium's roof opening up to the sun, and with the announcer talking about waking up to spring after a long winter's nap. So lovely. I even read my sports book "The Games do Count" last night, so caught up was I in the fervor of the moment (actually, I read it because I left my other book in the car... but hey, it sounded good).

So the point of all of this is to say: Hurrah for baseball! GO RED SOX!

4 comments:

Booker said...

8th inning, ouch...

TripleNine said...

I watched the game while giving blood, and all I can say is, 'Thank goodness I'm not a Sox fan.; hahahahahaha

redsoxwinthisyear said...

I only wish I had had true Red Sox red chalk on hand instead of the weak pink substitute I was forced to use in scrawling my "Happy Red Sox opening day" message on the chalkboard. But I think the students got the point: I too was exuberant about the game! Only wish it was a different result.

And triplenine, true fans realize there are 161 games left, so they don't worry about one too much... Unless, of course, you're a sox fan! :-)

drewey fern said...

Eeek! I was almost reduced to pink chalk too! So inappropriate. But there was the tiniest stub of red left, so I did the first letters in red and the rest in blue:) Oh the trials teachers face...