So, right after Anna's wedding I started feeling a bit odd... and spent Sunday night and Monday quite sick. Last night I went to bed planning to teach in the morning, because I just hate missing days - especially this close to the end of the year (one week from today is my LAST DAY!). I went to bed niiiice and early, and lo, couldn't sleep for hours. I'm pretty sure I got no more than 5 hours of sleep.
AHHHH! This is such a boring post! Nobody cares how much sleep I got!
Oh well, I'll cut to the chase and say that I had a wonderful day today - an answer to fervent prayers for help. Thank the Lord!
Okay, more interesting topics. Let's see.
Mixed metaphors. Those are so much fun. I totally almost committed one by nearly typing "I'll cut to the quick and say I had a wonderful day today..." Hee hee hee.
But my recent favorite came when I told my kids they had to know some material cold for their test. They said "Hey, our last teacher just told us we had to know some material cold turkey!" Hahahahahaha. That's so much fun. I know there was another one I came across recently, but I can't remember what it was. Do you remember, KJ? It seems like you were the one I told...
Kevin Youkilis hit an INSIDE THE PARK homerun last night! That was pretty awesome. Oh ya, one advantage to not sleeping last night was that I actually heard the end of a Red Sox game. That's pretty rare for me.
This morning I was pretty wide awake at 4:50. What is that?!
Oh, my 9th grade boys were so funny today. I laughed so hard. They have this habit of saying something shocking and then instantly asking "what?" in innocent wonder as if they had no idea what they, themselves, had just said. For example, "Why does Miss Murray always tell us how much sleep she got the night before, what?" (Okay, I really don't tell them - they're usually the ones telling me.)
Have I expressed in this format how incredibly adorable it is that I have been accidentally called "Mom" TWELVE times by my 8th and 9th grade boys?! I'm sure that says something about how I need to be harder on them. Sigh. But I think it's totally endearing.
8 comments:
That's ironic. I too was up last nite not being able to sleep, BUT I was NOT awake at 4:30am, far from it...
Sleep is so overrated. LOL.. I have only slept 10 hours since Monday morning.. And it's 3:30am now. And I am still awake. Why do humans(or is it just me) do this to themselves. Anyways I guess I am paying for it now because I have completely lost my voice and I squeak when I try to talk.. It's really funny..
Hope your last week of school goes well..love ya
Not bored yet...try harder next time!
:O)
Glad you're feeling better!
Hahahaha. Win by the library! I'll take it...
Regarding your last paragraph:
Aaaah!!!! That is the cutest thing ever!
I've noticed not getting enough rest lately too but now that I'm home that should change. :-)
Be thankful it was only once that you were awake at 4:50. Some of us have to do that everyday. :) Mom, hahaha now that's funny.
Post a Comment