Monday, June 11, 2007

Help!

People, I need advice. What shoes would be best for kicking around England?! I don't think we're going to be doing much hiking, but we could potentially be on our feet a LOT and I'd like something supportive but not screaming "tourist!" Any seasoned travellers who can weigh in on the issue? Any people who know good footwear? Anyone? Anyone?

8 comments:

lis said...

Hmmm...I found a pair of shoes by Merrell second-hand, and they have been great! (And that's a lot of walking over the last year or two). They look dressy (leather) but comfortable (built like a sneaker inside). I think they're pretty pricey new, but it's worth taking a peek, just to get some ideas.

Mrs. RF said...

I can certainly say that Merrill shoes are by far the most comfy ones I have every worn. Yes, they are pricey, but , I no longer have sore feet no matter how many hours I am on them at work. So, that would be my input.

kw said...

Hiya Andrea...Merrills are good...or how about those croc shoes for waterproof moments:) Or Birkenstocks...also...a few tips on blending in with the Brits..try to head out the door for the day just after rolling out of bed. The more well groomed, the more color coordinated, the more you scream "American tourist"...

Booker said...

LOL @ KW...

Linds said...

Crocs, crocs, crocs!!!

Linds said...

Or Danskos, but they cost 3-4X as much as Crocs, crocs, crocs!

Anonymous said...

Crocs are from the devil...

drewey fern said...

THANK you everyone for your help!