Sunday, July 15, 2007

I am in Beautiful Scotland!

Hello from Scotland, everyone! We Murrays are having an amazing time. I am so in love with this place! I have a new regard for that line from the song Scotland the Brave: "Land of my heart, forever." Oh ya!

Here are some pictures, to give you a small glimpse into what we're experiencing.

Kilchurn Castle, which KJ and I had great fun at - we climbed around in a nearby copse of trees to get this picture (and many, many other pictures, too!).
Eilean Donan - definitely one of the most beautiful sights I've seen thus far. What an incredible castle! We got to go inside and explore it today - my favorite part was the banquet hall. Well, favorite on the inside. Obviously this view is my favorite part of it!
This is Flora MacDonald's grave. I've been thinking of the Bonnie Prince Charlie story a lot this trip, obviously, and was inspired by Flora's loyalty and giving of herself to a cause. It inspired me to be that way in my walk with God.
This is a view from the Isle of Skye (one of my new all-time favorite places on Earth!). We hiked across moors to this northern point to pray. See the tiiiiny white spot between the crags? That's a seagull. We were way up there!
And this is Duntlum Castle, also on Skye. We were supposed to have rain this day, and God, in answer to prayer, gave us sun. What a blessing! Skye was one of my top destinations, and I was so thankful to be able to see it in all it's glory!
This is Inverness - the "Capital of the Highlands." We didn't spend too long here, but enough for me to enjoy the charm and beauty of the city.
And here we all are, in the Highlands (near BEAUTIFUL Loch Lomond - which you can just see in the background), totally smitten with the beauty of Scotland, and having a wonderful time. Praise the Lord!

9 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Thanks for the pics and report...Glad you are having such a good time.

brilynne said...

HOORAY!! Thanks for the update! More soon?

ljm said...

Where is the GORSE!? How hard is it to get internet access?
Love the pictures!

Claire said...

It's great to hear from you - and see you! Hurray, hurrah! I'm truly jealous. Hope you're doing a lot of singing...

CKS said...

WOW!!! Those first two pictures especially are drop-dead stunning! And the rest are amazing! Way to wander into the perfect shots...that's the way to do it...and keep it up!

CKS said...

P.S. step aside webshots!

lis said...

Wheeee!

And just so you know, I thought the first picture was a painting...until I kept scrolling. :O)

Kate said...

so beautiful I feel like crying. I love you so much! am so glad you are there! Yell Long Live Prince Charlie for me sometime. :-)

drewey fern said...

Alas, Liane, the gorse is all gone by. We still say it once in awhile though, to keep up family tradition:) That, along with "maaaade it."

The internet access has come at a rate of one in four B&Bs. We'll see how the trend continues...

Thanks to all for your interest!