*I'm was planning to be all packed for Britain at this point in the day. HA! (Sigh)
*I was going to get some Internet stuff out of the way while my clothes dried in the dryer, and ended up spending FOREVER trying to update my expired virus protection program. Grrrr. The happy news is that I finally worked things out before actually buying the thing all over again. Yay for me, saving money!
*I can't believe I'm going to ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND AND IRELAND AND WALES AND FRANCE! OY VAY!
*My family and I have been getting into the groove. Saturday night they waited up for me to get back from Lindsay's so that we could look at Dad's past England slides. It was awesome! I kept howling "are we going there?!" Wheee! Then, on Sunday, we watched "The Longest Day" (we're going to Normandy one day) and also went over the Kings and Queens of England (I learned this awesome poem during Brit Lit: "Willie, Willie, Harry, Steve / Harry, Dick, John, Harry Three / Edward One, Two, Three, Dick Two / Harry Four, Five, Six, Then who? / etc.) and the roles of the heroes of Scotland (William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Bonnie Prince Charlie). I'm SO ready for this trip!
*And to get even more ready, I've been working on getting a collection of poetry to read at opportune moments along the way. You know, Tennyson, Wordsworth, Shakespeare, etc. Then, when we're at some poet's birthplace or something, I can whip out a poem! Kimberly's wicked excited about this... I just read one to her and said "Isn't that beautiful?" and she responded "did you think I was listening to you?"
*KATIE ADAMS IS COMING TO FAIRWOOD TONIGHT AND I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!
*I've dreamed about the youth convention every night since it ended. Oh my word. My subconscious is still wicked processing. Peace out, subconscious!
*I'm hoping to be able to post now and then while oversees! Apparently some of our bed & breakfast places have high speed. Yay! No promises, but high hopes:)
*OH MY WORD! KATIE'S HERE! WHEEEEEEEE!!!
6 comments:
You forgot to mention that you like 4:30am Tea Times ;-)
I am sure hoping you will be able to post some reports..so excited with you all. Enjoy.
Wow! If you are this excited two days away, I can't even imagine what you are like right now. Happy flying.
I'm excited for you!!
I too have dreamed about the youth weekend EVERY NIGHT! So many strange things have happened in them.
wow, I am so jealous. It would be awesome to go on such a trip, but it would be awesomer to go with such enthusiasts who can enrich it in so many ways. Along with your poetry, don't forget to sing some Purcell (my favorite classical English composer that I can think of right now), and maybe some of the Messiah when you're in Dublin (since it premiered there), and probably some John Rutter, especially in Cambridge. There, I'm adding my musical two cents to the trip.
Yay! Thanks for your musical input, Craig! I'll have Dido's aria with me, as well as some John Rutter... and I'm sure we can manage to remember some of the Messiah to sing:)
Post a Comment