So of course, my first topic must be my trip overseas. It's so fascinating that the trip really isn't over. I keep thinking about things we saw or did, pictures I took, and experiences I had. I have that trip forever! It's like the trip that never ends.... COOL.
My basic synopsis is this: I loved England because of the amazing things that I saw - I was awed over and over and over. But Scotland. I fell in love with that land. Talk about bonding! :)
And now that I'm back I keep finding myself talking about the most random little aspects of Britain - like their sinks. Who even cares? I have to bite my tongue before I start annoying people. But Mom says she wants to hear every little thing - that's the joy of having travelled with other like-minded fans of Britain! :) My family actually likes to look at ALL of my pictures! Whoah! I would never make someone do that.
You know what the final picture count is? I will tell you. 4,350. Not too shabby, eh? And I went through them at the end of every day, deleting half (or more) of what I'd taken! Now I've got to get them organized and off my computer before the poor things dies of overpopulation...
But you know what? Despite the incredible experience of being overseas, and the soul-satisfying way I discovered it to be all I'd hoped for, I was SO happy to get back home. Everything is so normal and right here! And all the people I love best are here. That's pretty hard to beat...
(PS. The picture is from Cambridge - Karena's BEAUTIFUL city!)
3 comments:
I am incredibly flattered! I'm glad I provoked you to "love and good blogging" - to twist a Bible verse...Facebook is great but there's something about blogging that satiates the creative urge a little more...
4,350?!! Did you see any of Europe WITHOUT looking at it through a camera?! I mean with the naked eye? Whoah, indeed! Whoah, Snowy!- as some would say.
Oh, I can totally relate to the urge to tell people unusual stuff about the countries you've been to. I still might find myself telling someone about Norway's showers or Australia's school system--I mean, how common can you get while still being fascinating?
So please feel free to tell me all you like about Britain's sinks. I'll be interested.
Post a Comment