Monday, August 20, 2007

Oops!

Silly me... I just started this great post - it was going to be really interesting. I carefully led up to it with allusions to past events to pique people's interest. I stated my theme at last and prepared to launch into the writing of the thing when it hit me... I had no evidence! It was going to be one of those "you know when this happens?" posts, and I was going to tell all of my stories. But I couldn't remember them! I only have vague memories - I know it happened - but I couldn't possibly dredge up enough of the details to make the post interesting. Alas! Hope springs eternal, however, and I saved the post in case the stories come back to me at a future date.

It's like trying to write an essay in which you get the intro down, then the thesis, but realize you have nothing for the body paragraphs. Which brings me to a discussion of teaching... (Clever segue, no?) I don't think I can ever leave my school. Not only do I love it, but I can't handle the idea of someone else teaching my Literature classes. They would most definitely do it WRONG! Welllll, they might do it alright, but they would leave out some VERY IMPORTANT THINGS, such as the definition of the word fortnight, or juxtaposition, or the beauty of the theme of self-sacrifice. (Can you imagine?)

Oy vay, I didn't realize I had a control issue until I considered my replacement teacher. Maybe my replacement will be a college professor with 20 years of experience. I might be able to yield for that... But no young, fresh-from-college upstart is going to take my place!

Waaaait, I was a young, fresh-from-college upstart myself. I had zero experience, but lots of zeal. Hmmmm, maybe it won't be a terrible thing. I'll have to give it some further thought. I may not have to burn the school to the ground upon my retirement after all! (What a cheery thought.)

3 comments:

Booker said...

hahahahaa...

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Contemplating retirement already? What's up with that?

KJ said...

You're a hoot! And I like the word "segue."