Okay, that's it. Mondays get such a bum deal! What did they ever do to deserve it?! It's not Monday's fault that it comes right after Sunday! I don't usually feel that stirred up about this subject, but I just had a Hershey kiss today, and instead of saying "Hershey" on the tassel-thing (what is that thing called, anyway?) it said "I hate Mondays." What?! Surely you are down on your luck if Hershey kisses have turned against you.
[And what's up with Hershey's saying anything but "Hershey" on the tassel-thing, anyway? "Hershey" was good enough for me - it spoke of bliss and beauty-for-the-taste-buds. Who needs catchy slogans? My conservative soul recoils.] [By the way, [ and ] were reallly hard for me to learn. I still usually hit the wrong one or \ or something.]
Anyway, upon seeing that last straw I decided that I was going to start being loyal to Monday. And then I realized I don't really like Mondays. I love Tuesdays because of residual feelings left over from Bible School. Tuesdays were cheese day for dinners, which often meant pizza, and dessert day on top of that, and, most importantly, SPORTS! I love Wednesdays because they are the middle of the week and when they're done the weekend is practically there. I love Thursdays because I know there's only one day left so I don't feel so guilty about staying up later. I love Fridays and Saturdays for the Sabbath and the satisfaction of finishing another week (good job! you let time go by again! that's a really good talent!). And I love Sundays because I enjoy church and the Patriots:) But Mondays? They're basically to be endured.
And now I have guilt that I don't like Monday as much as the rest of the group of days. It's not fair! I must conjure up some love for Monday.
Okay, at least I can say that it was a big deal to move from Mondays in high school to Mondays in Bible School and college - there was no more dread. That's a big step! Not dreading Mondays is a lot closer to loving it than dreading was!
Hmmm, what else? Mondays sometimes have football games! However, they're usually too late for me to watch.
Well, Monday is named after the moon, and the Greek goddess of the moon was Artemis, and Artemis was one of the three maiden goddesses, and another of the three maiden goddesses was Athena, and Athena is my favorite of the Greek goddesses! PERFECT! Okaaaay, that's a little stretch.
So here's what I'll have to do: start some tradition that's really happy and that happens on Mondays! Like, stop-on-the-way-home-and-buy-something-yummy day. Or visit-Melissa-in-Providence day. Or slack-off-on-lesson-plans day (then I could feel grumpy about Tuesdays instead!). Or I could have payday switched from Friday to Monday! That's a good tradition!
So it's time to throw off the old worn-out tradition of hating Monday. Monday needs to be embraced - welcomed back into the good graces of humanity! I mean, can't we all just get along?
5 comments:
I loved your Greek mythology argument. It made me laugh. (Oh, and guess what? Athena is my favorite goddess too! How coincidental!)
Maybe you should start an "I LOVE MONDAYS!" group on Facebook. That would do the trick. :)
Two other reasons to love Mondays:
1. It's the day you once again reunite will all the students you dearly love, after the long two day absence over the weekend. How could you not look forward to that?
2. It's Jack Bauer day from January through May. Having 24 to watch spices it up immensely!
And your referencing Tuesday being sports and dessert days brings back fond memories. Those were the days. Thinking of that delicious food I didn't have to prepare, and the extra desserts I pawned off of those wannabe dieters and sugar abstainers brings a smile to my face. In fact, I think a little something died within me when, some years later, I was home and eating there and found out they didn't serve desserts on regular days anymore! Can you believe it? Girls just make them if they feel like it! What's up with that? Practically heresy! At least the epitome of liberal thinking! I was shocked and disappointed. At least my sweet tooth was.
Good luck...
"good job! you let time go by again! that's a really good talent!"
You make me smile.
Wai-wai-waaaaait just a minute. ATHENA IS YOUR FAVORITE GREEK GODDESS?? Oh I just wish I could EAT you, you're that funny.
Post a Comment