Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just for the Record...

Just for the record, TJ is getting cooler by the second. He stopped by this week, and brought enough Chinese food with him that I was still eating the leftovers this evening for dinner. What a sweetie!

Just for the record, I love that I can hear church bells playing hymns from my apartment!

Just for the record, I'm rooting for the Red Sox to win this evening. I lost so much sleep last week watching late games! Friday I was late for school - the THIRD time in that week. I was chatting with Mr. Bailey about something and then he brought up the Sox and asked me if I'd watched the whole game the night before. "YES!" I wailed, "and that's why I can't get my act together!" He just smiled knowingly and said he'd stayed up too. It was such a great bonding moment:)

Just for the record, I love bonding over the Red Sox!

Just for the record, I think it's a little cruel that baseball ends right at the point where people are most into it. It leaves you with this nostalgic longing that lingers through the winter months. But, as A. Bartlett Giamatti, late commissioner of baseball, put it: "renewal has rhythms as old as decline."

Just for the record, I think A. Bartlett Giamatti is the coolest. With him baseball is poetry.

Just for the record, I carved a great pumpkin today! Melissa and Sara and Elizabeth and some of Sara's friends were all there and some definite masterpieces came out of the experience. We decided we should do a gingerbread house making party in the Christmas season. (I miss you, Penny!)

4 comments:

KJ said...

Just for the Record... I LOVE YOU and I love the Red Sox!

shannon said...

Just for the record, TJ stopped by my house this week and said (when he ran out of money) that he regretted buying all that Chinese food. Ha, not really, it actually made him happy to do it. He was a bit disappointed to get to your apartment and see that there was leftover Chinese in the fridge. I think it made his gift feel not as special so I'm glad you appreciated it.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record I LOVE YOU, and the Red Sox are just fine too : )

(Just so as to not say the same thing KJ said...Well, and also so as to be honest).

pennyjean said...

Pumpkins and gingerbread houses!!!! I miss you, too! (Just for the record...)