Okay, so we've got company coming tomorrow - some of the first to ever burst, um, here. (This is not a silent sea!) The FIRST was Elizabeth. Yay for her!
Anyway, this inspired much cleaning, organizing, and decorating. I'd unpacked the majority of my things within the first week or so, but there were many things that slipped to low priority - such as hanging pictures that required nails.
But a few weeks ago I got the picture hangers from Walmart, and last night I tackled the job. They look WICKED good if I do say so myself! However, I couldn't help but be glad there was no one there to see my slip-shod, unprofessional tactics. I had no level, no tape measure, no nothing! I pulled out a necklace of little plastic Christmas lights (from Penny when I was in Bible School - I love it!), and used that to measure. It's 13 and a half Christmas lights from the center picture to the outside picture, if anyone's wondering. But at a slight downward angle. Yaaa, really exact.
Oh, and my nailing skills are SWEET, too. Mostly I was okay, but I think I hit a stud or something and my hammer was just kind of bouncing off the nail. Mmmhm. And then I bent a nail a little bit. In sheet rock?! I ask of myself in disdain. Ah well - I guess I'm not a carpenter for a reason. Though I would love to try my hand at some small-scale stuff now and then.
Anyway, I'm pretty happy because these particular pictures are the cream of my Israel crop... and they've been waiting for these FOUR YEARS for me to get a wall on which to hang them. I didn't want to put all those holes in the Brown's walls because I thought I'd be moving back home after college and that wasn't too far away. And then I didn't move home, but I still didn't put them up. So now, with an apartment, I seized the opportunity! Yay!
Also, besides my cleaning, organizing, and picture hanging, we had a cleaning party for the rest of the apartment, and the place looks SO good! YAY!
2 comments:
HURRAY!!! I was wondering if you brought those pictures down from home! I can't wait to see it! I wish I could've been there to laugh at your sweet hammering skills :) And have an AWESOME time at the "house warming" party tomorrow! I Love you!
Hurray for the Israel pix! Hurray for the party! Hurray for you! I can't wait to visit again...
Post a Comment