I love living in this apartment! There are definitely some things I didn't foresee when I moved here, though...
*Heat is wicked expensive. We have opted for 17 layers and a thermostat set at 60 degrees. It's amazing how 60 is balmy in March when you're outside, but mighty chilly when you're indoors...
*I miss NESN.
*If your landlady carpools to church with her sister, leaving her car parked in front of yours in the oh-so-narrow driveway, forgetting to leave her keys behind, you are absolutely, totally, 100% trapped. There's not a thing you can do until she returns home again (full of mortified apology, bless her heart!).
*The oh-so-narrow driveway is also oh-so-long, and takes a good deal of otherwise-unused muscle come shovelling time.
*Christmas trees actually have to be removed sometime in January (ideally). They don't just go away. Similarly, paper towels and milk have to be bought every single time you want more. Those things used to just happen...
*When you're home alone, it's nice to have a cat upon whom you can blame any noises you may hear in the night.
*I LIVE ONLY 25 MINUTES FROM THE WRENTHAM OUTLETS!
*It's amazing how much you can bond with a new place, and make it your own. And it's amazing how much fun you can have if your roommates are two such great girls as Sara and Melissa!
2 comments:
I'm so happy you're living there and with such great house companions! I love you
Thermostat set at 60 degrees!!!??? And here I was thinking my house is freezing when it sometimes gets down to 65 overnight! What a wimp I am. I admire your frugality. And now I'm more grateful that my condo fee covers all heat, so I don't have to think about the impact on the wallet when I turn up my heat! And I'll probably feel guilty about it too...
Post a Comment