Sunday, April 13, 2008

Descriptive Paper on "Miss Murray" by Anonymous Student in 9th Grade

There is a teacher at the school of AICA. She is bright, beautiful, kind, caring and understanding. She has long, brown hair which she keeps long and pretty down to just above her waist. She wears exquisite skirts which vary in length. She has a normal face which consists of: ears, eyes, a nose, and a smile. You never see her without a smile except when you mess with her regulations which are: NO TALKING WHATSOEVER. NO SAYING "MISS MURRAY" UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. NO TOUCHING ANYONE ELSE'S DESK, BELONGINGS, BEING, OR PERIMETER OF SPACE AROUND THEM. NO GETTING OUT OF YOUR SEAT WITHOUT PERMISSION. NO THROWING THINGS WHILE CLASS IS IN SESSION. KEEP ALL LEGS OF ANY SORT ON THE FLOOR. NO MAKING ANY NOISES. NO SAYING THE 4 LETTER WORDS INCLUDING THE WORD CR*P. NO CONVERSING TO YOUR EVIL COHORTS IN ANY WAY. NO INFLICTING PAIN ON ANY OF YOUR CLASSMATES. NO NAME CALLING. So basically, if you don't speak or move in any way, you're good. But anyway, back to Miss Murray. She has a joyful spirit that, even when she's down in the "depths of despair," seems to soar on the wings of EAGLES. Oh! That's another thing. She loves her home team. She is the most loyal fan. That describes Miss Murray.

11 comments:

drewey fern said...

Explanatory notes:

Our home team is The Eagles.

They DO call me Miss Murray, they just aren't allowed to call out to me in class - they have to raise their hands and wait patiently until I call on them.

The student isn't anonymous to ME, I just didn't want to put up her name here:)

My absolute favorite part of this paper was "So basically, if you don't speak or move in any way, you're good." Hee hee hee. You BET kiddos!

Amy said...

Hahaha...I wish you had taught me Highschool lit!

KJ said...

Hurray! That's fabulous :)
Sounds like you have some good regulations going, and I especially like her segue from your "soaring" personality to your loyalty to the home team!

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Go get em teach! Enjoyable, to say the least. I hope your red pen has plenty of ink! :-)

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Actually, on second thought, the grammar is mostly commendable, especially for a ninth grader! I'm impressed.

Kate said...

Andrea!!!! Can I come be a student at your school??

:-)

I LOVE you!

I think you are very high on my funny people list too.

Booker said...

that was amusing :-)

CKS said...

oh, wow! I love how half the description is your list of rules. My favorite part was also about not moving or speaking in any way. Hmm, makes you out to be quite the disciplinarian. Which we all know you are. :-)

La La Palooza said...

Exquisite skirts, was that it? So cute :)

Anonymous said...

Charming and delightful! Really enjoyed this read, and glad for the explanatory note on not calling you "Miss Murray,"...I was wondering what they were supposed to call you!

Linds said...

I just re-read this, and it made me smile all over again!