Today I was home alone, and had home-owners paranoia. I was about to drive out with Katie, but asked if we could swing by my house just to make sure I turned the fan off... Anyway, this paranoia lingered a bit into the night. I was just sitting at my desk when I caught something strange out of the corner of my eye. A glowing thing on the lawn. FIRE?! Noooo, not moving. (phew) OH! It was the orange-y moon, reflecting in the swamp! Very cool.
So I bet you're wondering where Katie and I were going, aren't you? Well, I will tell you. We went to a free concert at the Dublin School! It was given by tenor vocalist Issachah Savage, a ha-UGE black man (all good tenors are huge, aren't they?) who, we discovered, is the possessor of an incredible voice. We heard Greek folk songs and Elizabethan songs and Spirituals (never have I heard a Spiritual so authentically sung), and he ended with an encore of Amazing Grace, inviting the audience to join in. A fabulous Sabbath evening! It reminded me a little of the concerts we went to in Jerusalem... minus the view. Anyway, we went on a chance, and discovered a gem.
And I bet you're still wondering about Gretchen's heroism, aren't you! But this is to be a quickie, so you'll have to just wait a leeeeeetle longer.
2 comments:
"Can anything good come out of Dublin School?" Apparently, yes. Wish I could have been there!
I have a friend who's a pretty good tenor--he's kind of short.
Post a Comment