Wednesday was Pike's Island day. We went to Casco Bay, and took a ferry out to the island. We then started gallivanting about on foot. Yes, foot. It turns out the island is a lot bigger in real life than it was on the piece of paper. We were mighty weary by the end. But it was well worth it, and we saw some beeeooootiful views.
That night we stayed in a wicked nice hotel that Mom had somehow secured for free (some credit card points thing?). She's amazing. We were very impressed with it. And had fun relaxing there that evening.
Thursday we saw some sweet lighthouses and Longfellow's childhood home! It was awesome! My favorite lighthouse name was definitely Bug Light. Haha.
But Longfellow's home was my favorite part. I learned lots, and officially love Longfellow. I enjoyed celebrating his two hundredth birthday last year with my students, and I can't wait to tell them I saw his house!
Friday was yardsaling day and I made out like a bandit! I found everything from school supplies, to lit books, to brand new JJill clothes, to a wastebasket for the living room in our apartment. Yahoooo! Also fun was meeting the Randalls, who were also yardsaling:) Yay!
Maine was officially great! (Which reminds me of a conversation Craig and I just had, which reminds me to rejoice all over again that CRAIG IS HOME!!!!!)
5 comments:
You found MILK at a yard sale? How much?
Glad you all had a good time.
At first I read yardsaling as yardsailing and got a fun mental picture...
Great pix! Thanks for sharing! Like a bandit indeed : )
Hooray that I'm home, indeed! And lucky you having a great yard-saling day. We went yard-saling in Maine a mere week later and it poured rain. I bought nothing, nothing at all in the few, bedraggled, squished-into -dark-and-menacing-garages die-hard yard sales.
Hooray that I'm home, indeed! And lucky you having a great yard-saling day. We went yard-saling in Maine a mere week later and it poured rain. I bought nothing, nothing at all in the few, bedraggled, squished-into -dark-and-menacing-garages die-hard yard sales.
Post a Comment