It's been far too long. Time for a blogging renaissance!
How about some amusing blips from my school days recently:
*Yesterday one of my students made a very clever pun on a word that I don't use... Which he very well knows. I said, "See, that was really funny, but now I can never repeat it!" And he said, "Miss Murray, you make conservatives look like wack-o liberals." Hahahaha.
*This week a student was reading a passage and cleverly switching words to their opposites, or to the opposite of a related word. He gave just the right amount of pause before he did it, and suddenly I was laughing... and laughing... and laughing... and crying... and laughing. When I'd finally regained control, I discovered one student had captured the whole thing on video on his digital camera. The reading student asked me what that was all about and I responded, "That was a combination of a leeetle bit of humor and a looooot of fatigue."
*The students were discussing the rare phenomenon of one of the teachers being in a realllly good mood. Then one of them said, "Hey! That was the day Miss Murray was being evil!" "Yeah, we switched," I said. By "evil," he meant "telling them their behavior was abysmal, and they'd better sharpen up and start taking their education seriously." Whew. Serious evil-osity.
*My 7th grade boys have an uncanny fascination with violence. I had them re-write a passage from Jane Eyre using a different perspective, and he wrote about Jane's friend's child. The child and his mother went to visit Jane (that took about 1 paragraph) and on the way home they were attacked by wild Indians (a rare phenomenon in Victorian England) and killed. Nice.
*Now I want to go eat breakfast and enjoy Katie's company. Tata! :)
5 comments:
Hu-raaayyyyyyyyyyyy!
You're baaaaaaaaaaacckkkkkkkk!
Thanks for the post! I just had a feeling it might be today (I'm trying to refrain from sacreligiously quoting "What if it were today?", but now look, I just did).
Um, that was a weird Freudian slip. I typed in your name instead of mine. So yeah, in case you're confused, I wrote that previous comment, not you : )
Yippi! You're baaack! I'm so happy :) Enjoyed the tales.... you have crazy students. And I want to watch that video of you laughing/crying someday - haha.
I love the wild Indians in Victorian England!
-Amy
MORE, MORE! Encore! Let the renaissance continue!
Post a Comment