I am running around like a crazy woman these days - but enjoying it immensely. When I don't have enough to do I tend to waste time, but when I have too much I'm wicked productive. Amazing how that works...
Things occupying my time:
#1. New class - DRAMA! I have to do all kinds of things besides the regular reading and grading, such as blocking, ordering books on victorian fashion, and stressing about when the plays will arrive. I'm loving it though! My high school kids will be performing "Charlie's Aunt" in May (or so) and it's going to be hysterical. Many thanks to Chad for the play idea!
#2. Chorus! I'm singing with a Newport chorus for the second year, and loving it all over again. We sight-read Bruckner last week, and I can't believe how much fun it was. This week, though, we had only one first soprano, so I was going up to all kinds of A's, and I'm sure my vocal chords were starting to seize. Ay ay ay.
#3. Exercise! I'm on a healthy kick for a second, and I've been doing these work-out videos in my apartment. Hahaha! The instructor person, with an incredible amount of cheer and excitement, shrieks out for me to do a "Quick Step Caligulan Grapevine Swing Double Time Loop" and I'm in the strangest contortions, trying to figure out what happened to my right foot... Good times.
#4. Extracurricular Activities! I've agreed to help my dear friend on staff run the Christmas play, and we're having such fun with it! It's a clever series of monologues, basically, about different figures in the Christmas story. It includes a solo for Mary to sing, and after playing through it today and finding it not even close to satisfactory, I've taken on the job of "tweaking" the song. Should be fun.... Um, Craig? Aaron? Anyone??
#5. Grading! Actually, I've always had grading - it follows me around like crows follow an eagle - but I bring it up now because it is what I am supposed to be doing, and it gets the credit for this blog post, since I suddenly decided that in the light of all that grading, a blog was the most sensible thing to be working on.
Hurrah for lots to keep me occupied!
3 comments:
Good post.
Does "all kinds of A's" include A double sharps?!?!? Ay-yi-yi indeed. ;)
Haha, I'd love to tweak a song, but I was just telling your dad how much of an over-committing person I am, and thus should probably say no. :) But if you are up here some time and have the music with you, ask again... I may just cast all my other commitments aside in the name of novelty.
You are amazing! What is it with people being crazy busy right now? You. Me. All of my classmates. :)
I'm so proud of you for being productive though (and writing blogs.... how I understand your thinking about needing to blog in light of all the grading you have to do - haha!)
And even exercising! Keep up the good work! I wish I could go running more... but I'm too crazy busy ;)
(Crows and Eagles... very clever analogy.... enjoy the crows)
Woah, Snowy! You ARE busy. You've inspired me. I really want to join a chorus one of these years...I miss singing with large groups.
Post a Comment