I was driving along down the road on the way home from doing about a bazillion errands, and glanced down to see the ocean through the trees. Suddenly I was just so happy that I am here - living on an island! How cool is that?
And then, as I was thanking God for letting me be here, I thought about how amazing it is that I'm in this place.
This was one of those things I never could have seen coming. As a little girl thinking about my future I had no idea that such a place as Newport even existed.
And then, when I did become aware of its existence (through the Coronet connection) it was just a really cool tourist-y place.
When my friends and I decided to visit Newport for a day and asked directions to Applebees and traveled over completely unknown roads to get there, I couldn't have possible foreseen that I would travel those roads every single day on the way to school before much longer.
And when I was sitting in my office outside of Dr. Delasanta's. checking out yellowpages.com for Christian Schools in RI, I had no idea of the incredible joy that was in store for me in the school that I would find - the only one needing a high school lit teacher.
And now, here I am, at the best possible school, with the best possible students, in the best possible apartment, in my own beloved New England.
INCREDIBLE!
And it just makes me realize that God leads us even when we don't know we're being led. Yellowpages.com? Really? And here I am... So I don't need to worry about what the future holds. I know God is completely in control, that He will get me to the places I need to be, and that things that happen now will fit me for whatever is coming in the future. He's got it!
3 comments:
What a timely reminder that I needed to be reassured of. Somehow, He's got a good plan for me too, and if it does not include interning at a Classical school, then He must have something better. He knows what's coming down my path and He must be leading me down it correctly even though I don't see why. Thanks for sharing - it was a blessing! AND I'm SO happy for you!!
This made my heart deep down happy!
Hurray for God's good will!
Hurray for connecting with it AND knowing that you have!
Hurray for you!
: )
Post a Comment