This past year, while full and exciting in some ways, was also a little much for me, and I found myself stressed out and bleh a lot of the time. I started wondering who this new grump was, and where the old me had gone. And so, when the school year came to an end, I decided to set myself a goal of learning to love life again.
My friend Karen, when I was telling her about this, asked how I planned to accomplish this goal and I set myself a few objectives:
1) Spend more time with God
2) Spend more time with people I love
3) Spend more time with books
4) Spend less time with tv/movies
Here's an update on these objectives:
1) Unexpectedly doing the Girls' Week again was a great blessing, because as I reminded the girls how important it is to cultivate that hidden, unseen depth with God every day, it was an excellent reminder to myself. As is often the case, I think I got more out of the GW than the girls did! Richness has ensued.
2) Summer is a wonderful time for FRIENDS! So far I've been to Concord with Linds, VT with my family, had Katie and Diane to my Portsmouth house, saw lots of gems at the Fam Convention, and am currently road tripping it up with Diane, visiting with such treasures as the Vaughan Posts, Nate & Penny, Brad & Claire, and Grace!
3) War and Peace. Ohhhhhhh yeah.
4) Haven't touched hulu in weeks! :)
So how is this all working out for the loving life thing, you may ask. VERY WELL, I would respond. The most important things are getting their proper attention, and everything else is falling into place. I'm recharging, and remembering how good life can be. Of course, being on summer vacation isn't hurting!
Viva vacation!
4 comments:
YAY! I am honored to amongst those you chose to visit this summer! So glad you did. And you recharge OTHERS with your presence. What a great list of resolutions.
You made me laugh though - I mean...YOU...a GRUMP? I suppose that it might be possible for you to be one, but the sky will probably turn green before that really happens.
Hurray for really good priorities!
Hurray for loving life again!
Hurray for you!
Can't wait to see you again and get caught up! I propose an addendum to the second one:
"Spend more time at Countryhouse Corner with people I love."
: )
PS Specifically, me (heh-heh).
Haha - amen to that! :)
Post a Comment