Saturday, September 18, 2010

Affirmation Inspired by Running into Pagan Philosophy Recently

This Sabbath morning I affirm that Jesus is the center, the goal, the point, the everything of life.

I affirm that living my life for Him is all that truly satisfies.

I affirm that living my life for myself is the path to destruction.

I affirm that loving others is worth it, even when it's hard.

I affirm that God has led me to where I am, and that He has a purpose for me here.

I affirm that God has a purpose for every human being, and that He is drawing individuals to Himself.

I affirm that the lies of the world about being "the captain of your fate" are just that - lies. It is impossible to control your life, and trying will lead to desperation and destruction.

I affirm that God is GOOD, and He is a completely trustworthy Captain of my fate. I would want no other.

I affirm that my heart is His, all over again, today.

6 comments:

KJ said...

Wow. Wonderful! How refreshing to have the clarity of truth written down.

gretchen said...

Amen! I too affirm.

Our minds are constantly under attack, and the wear and tear of it all produces a gradual eroding and undermining of what used to seem so obvious.

It's good to stop and take time for mental repairs, building up the walls of faith again, not just letting the trickle of untruths erode the foundations of our faith.

This is good. Thanks for taking the time to make it personal--it's helpful for the rest of us.

Aaron said...

Great post. I echo KJ and Gretchen.

Zohrab said...

Good one Andrea.

Booker said...

re: books-yeah, so many that I'll never get to read all the ones I want to in this life :-)

Kate said...

Yay! Perfect antidote to "Eat, Pray, Love".

Thanks.