This morning Dr. Lynch asked me if I was wearing green socks. I was confused. Was something green stuck to the back of my shoe or something? And how odd that my professor was commenting on my choice of socks. Then I realized it is St. Patrick's Day. And it was the beginning of my realization that people at PC take St. Patrick's Day very seriously. I don't know why it has taken four years to realize this, but there you have it.
I heard bagpipe music emanating from two separate dorms (a little cultural confusion, perhaps?), and the Riverdance soundtrack from a third. I saw green clothing everywhere, from the more conservative forest green shirt to the bright green shirt with bright green top hat bursting with shamrocks.
And the air of Providence did its best to celebrate by warming up several degrees! I was actually outside without a coat on.
Also, the luck of the Irish seemed to be thriving, as my poorly studied for exam went very well, and my poorly practiced for organ lesson was one of the better I've had.
So hurrah for St. Patrick, and his fabulous work in Ireland, and his giving us a fabulous reason to celebrate over here. (And yes, I'm intentionally not dwelling on the college's favorite way to celebrate...)
No comments:
Post a Comment