Hurrah for Benedict XVI!
Today I heard bells as I was sitting in Biology class - and the sconces outside of St. Domenic's chapel at PC were draped in white and gold instead of the previous black fabric.
TJ came in as I was glued to the TV watching the news, and wondered about why there was all the hoopla. I spouted off all of the rhetoric I could think of in the Pope's defense (including things I don't even believe). Aunt Laura said she wasn't sure TJ should go to PC after all:)
Anyway, I'm very thankful for a Pope who seems like such a Godly man.
4 comments:
Besides, from a personal point of view, Benedict is a vast improvement over Ratzinger.
I love it that he picked that name! Of course, it's a little harder to say Benedict the 16th than it is to say John Paul the 2nd, but I still love it. But Ratzinger was pretty cool too. One guy on the radio, before he was chosen, commented (as if it was in R's favor) that his name sounded like it came straight out of Dickens! I thought that was a valid point, but to me it sounded more like a bad guy in Dickens than a good guy. So Benedict is probably better after all.
Well, just call him Pope B.
Like, "Yo, Pope B, how's it hanging..."
well B sixteen sounds like he will do well. Maybe even as well as JP two. I doubt he will stick around half as long though.
Post a Comment