I am getting into the habit of this blue skies business. But it's still a rush every time I wake up and see it has happened again! The feeling reminds me of being in Israel. Every single morning I'd wake up to blue skies. I kept reveling in it, and it didn't hit me until far into my visit that every day was going to be the same blue skies and sunshine, because that was the weather for that time of year - always - every day. Wow.
Actually, it did rain once while I was there, but it was during a dust storm, which made it such a unique experience that it was okay not to have a blue sky for one day. During that storm, the majority of which I spent outside, my shirt became not wet, but muddy. I have never experienced anything like it. There were spatters of mud all over me, as if I had been walking along Huxley Ave in Providence, and a huge bus had driven by at a colossal speed, relocating the nearby mud puddle onto me. But it wasn't a bus - it was the rain coming through the dust-laden air. Weird. But very cool.
Now I am usually a very patriotic person, but I think perhaps Israel has something with this blue sky thing, and it should be adopted in the US. My proposal is sunshine 13 out of 14 days, with rain during the necessary nights, and for one day every two weeks (this is a concession to all you frolic-in-the-rain fans). This would last for 10 months of the year. For the other two months I propose sunshine six out of seven days, with sticky snow one day a week (this could be called winter).
I will now entertain discussion on the floor...
5 comments:
I don't think your memory serves you very well. Israel does have blue skies most of the time, but the do have dust storms fairly often as well. Then the sky is yellow and everything is dusty. Was there really only one while you were here? Besides, I like snow as a contrast. AND... do you really want to give up New England Autumn? Pause and calmly think of that! If the climate really decided to change that drastically, then either the land would change (trees would die, lakes would dry up, green would disappear), or heat would be that horrible humid stuff that makes you feel like you feel wet all the time- no relief unless you go inside where there is air-conditioning. It would be kind of like Georgia. Ugly, boring, and unbearably hot all summer.
*makes you feel wet all the time, not feel like you feel. :-)
I beg to differ! I was only there for a month, and during that time I saw only one day without sun. I just happened to hit exactly the right month, I guess. And as for my proposal, spring and fall are included in those ten months of sunshine. Lastly, if I could make the weather do this, I'm sure I'd have the ability to keep the climate beautiful (I'm glad you mentioned it, though, because I'd hate to let it slip away in one of those weasley little amendments or something) :) I'll just add more months of what we're getting now!
Okay, Okay, I admit it. I am a huge New England fan. I love it, and would just as soon live here for the rest of my life. And if anyone else tried to alter the weather I'd have a fit. Well... Maybe not if they were making the spring a tad bit longer. But actually I probably would just for the conservative principle of the thing:)
You have put your finger on something that the politicans have been ignoring for some time. Instead of all this bogus stuff about the economy and social security and national security, we should be concentrating on weather control.
As someone who is outdoors all the time, I would definitely vote for some one who ran on the weathercontrol platform...
Post a Comment