Thursday, April 07, 2005

Warmth at Last

Spring is a-coomin' in! I was driving down the road and realized that the sidewalk was heavily laden with people. Everyone was emerging from their bunkers, where they had hunkered all winter (hunker bunkers - keep it in mind for the next game of hink pink), to enjoy the long-delinquent outdoors. I began noticing strangers smiling at me. Since I wasn't wearing my hair in any extraordinary way or anything, I concluded that they were just happy because it was warm. Indeed, the exchanged grins seemed to be a part of a New England wide conspiracy. We have survived the winter, and we can now enjoy the spring in a way no one else can. Good job, my fellow New Englanders! We have made it through yet again, with that much added character, and that much greater reason to rejoice in the sunshine.

6 comments:

Cara said...

i'm one person thankful to have survived...

ljm said...

Hi!
I was finally able to connect to your blog via the link on Bria's page. Such fun to read...Another to add to my favorites.

drewey fern said...

Hurrah! Welcome, Liane! Sorry I was hard to track down, I can't figure out how to make my comments on other people's blogs connect with my own blog. Sigh. Ignorance is a terrible thing. But anyway, the point is that I am delighted to have you reading my blog. And I enjoy yours immensely!

Aaron said...

I had the same problem for a long time, but -- believe it or not -- Bria (!) showed me what was wrong! First, in settings you click "yes" for "Add your Blog to our listings?" Then you edit your profile, click "Display blogs", and check the box by your blog name. By the way, I love your blog!

drewey fern said...

Thank you Aaron!!! It made so much sense as I was following your directions - but I never would have figured it out on my own:) Thanks for your help!

Aaron said...

You're welcome!