I'm taking a quick moment from my lesson plans to let everyone know: I LOVE TEACHING! I came bounding into the teachers' lounge at lunchtime, full of enthusiasm. The other teachers gave me tolerant smiles and told me to hold onto that for around the middle of the year. But how could I help being excited, when my first class (7th and 8th grade Literature - a fabulous group of kids!) ended with one of the girls leaving a note behind that said "We love Miss Murray!" Ahhhh! I'm such a teacher! I was elated:) And yes, she is getting straight A's.
This morning I had the realization that the day had arrived for which I have been waiting for years, to one degree or another. I always used to say I wanted to teach, and now here I am. Amazing!
But man oh man, it's tons of work - and I need to get back to it...
6 comments:
Thanks for the quick update! I was wondering...
We don't just chase carrots:
we EAT them!
Hooray for God and dreams come true! :O)
I love you, Andrea! Blessings on your head!
I laughed at your description of the other teachers, cause I know I would have been among them. So keep up that cheerful attitude and show them! Heh, heh, heh...
Hurray! Glad to hear it's going so well!
"To one degree or another?" Ha, ha. Yes, of course, a degree is helpful for a teacher.
Whoa, it just hit me: this is one of those little kids who used to roam the grounds at Fairwood, playing house and whatnot, and she's teaching high school?! Way to go! (Did I use "whatnot" correctly?) I love Miss Murray, too.
Post a Comment