At last I have officially entered the 21st century. I have a real cell phone, with a real plan, and real ring-tone options. I have arrived!
Nate, bless his heart, helped me for about an HOUR as we went through the process of finding the right phone and the right plan. He found me a sweet one that was on sale, and we snapped it up. I would feel quite remorseful at his working for so long on my behalf, with no benefit to himself, except that he mentioned that he enjoyed spending other people's money. So I guess I only need to feel a little bit remorseful. In any case, I am certainly grateful.
When the phone arrived in the mail the next week, Nate came up and we spent about half an hour or so just checking out all the possibilities. And what possibilities! It takes pictures! And 15 second videos! And you can assign pictures to people in your phone book, so that when they call their picture comes up on the screen!
Katie, I assigned you a scene from the shooting of "Sahara." :) And Lisa N, you have a lizard picture! Hee hee hee. I had so much fun.
I spend pretty much every waking moment with the phone in hand or nearby in case there is an opportune moment in which to play and figure things out. Aunt Laura wondered if I slept with it in my hands, but I can assure you such is not the case. It stayed alllll the way down at the foot of my bed.
So far I still get incredibly excited whenever it rings, so if anyone wants to make my day, you know how! Of course, not being an old hand at cell phone usage I might do something like forget I left it on vibrate (sorry Fritha, you with the Florida sunset picture next to your name!) or not know what that weird beeping noise is when I'm using it and thus miss a call waiting. (And now that I've figured out the weird beeping noise I still don't know how to pick up a call waiting without losing the first person.) But otherwise I should be able to get your call. And if not, I still get incredibly excited whenever I have a voicemail! So go ahead, call like crazy!
4 comments:
Hurray for Verizon and free "in" calling!!! Here's to hours of talking :)
Well Fern, I've called you 4 times already and 2 times you didn't answer so I left you two messages, and then the other two times you might have been w/o signal or else hung up on me because it rang twice and then went dead. :) I can't wait to get a hold of you some day! I LOVE YOU
Pictures attached to the address book? Wow, my cell phone suddenly seems boring and conventional! Here I was all excited about the little tuneful rings I could choose. My ringer plays an upbeat, loud version of Hungarian Dance No. 5. :-D
hahahahahaa. Nothing like figuring out new toys. Just hit the "send" button to answer the incoming call, and then hit it again to talk to the person who is on hold, I think :)
I have had my share of hangups that way, lol...
Post a Comment